Man City in for Cristiano Ronaldo, will top whatever Man United offer [Star]
The backpage of Thursday’s Star delivers yet another never-gonna-happen transfer story as Manchester City are linked to a sensational swoop for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Before getting into the meat of the Star’s article, it’s important to recognise that the tabloid appears to have completely ignored comments made by Ronaldo just last week in which the Real Madrid forward ruled out any move away from the Santiago Bernabeu.
Whilst visiting a school in Singapore last week Cristiano admitted that Manchester United is “still in his heart,” but rge Los Blancos forward ruled out a return to Old Trafford in the near future saying that his life is now in Spain and he is happy playing in La Liga.
Neatly sidestepping Cristiano’s public quotes, the Star splash their backpage with the headline “City in for Ron – Blues will topi whatever United offer.”
Hack Duncan Wright reports:
Manchester CIty have made a late move to hijack Manchester United’s attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. CIty plan to break the bank to attract the Real Madrid superstar to the Etihad if he becomes available in the summer… [City] could pay more than £300,000 a week to get their man.
A copy of the Star’s backpage on Thursday is below.
- Cristiano Ronaldo Junior sticks his finger up at his dad during award speech (Video)
- Cristiano Ronaldo picks up fourth Golden Shoe, sets sights on ‘fifth and sixth...
- Gareth Bale’s agent oddly confirms he and Cristiano Ronaldo don’t ‘ha...
- Players get ready to vote for their FIFPro World XI 2015 (video)
- Rio Ferdinand slams Man United boss LVG and brands club as unrecognisable
- FPL managers bemoan another Man City international injury, to Aleksandr Kolarov [Tweets]
- Man City legend Elano scores for Chennaiyin FC at Goa (official video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson reveals reason he declined to sign David Silva when he was at Valenci...
- David De Gea refused to deny his Man United contract has £30 million release clause (Qu...
- Legendary Man United flop Bebe isn’t ruling out a return to the club (Quotes)
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson backs Wayne Rooney to find form (Quotes)
- Man United star Juan Mata says club must improve after recent wobble [Mirror]