- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Man City in for Cristiano Ronaldo, will top whatever Man United offer [Star]
The backpage of Thursday’s Star delivers yet another never-gonna-happen transfer story as Manchester City are linked to a sensational swoop for Cristiano Ronaldo.
Before getting into the meat of the Star’s article, it’s important to recognise that the tabloid appears to have completely ignored comments made by Ronaldo just last week in which the Real Madrid forward ruled out any move away from the Santiago Bernabeu.
Whilst visiting a school in Singapore last week Cristiano admitted that Manchester United is “still in his heart,” but rge Los Blancos forward ruled out a return to Old Trafford in the near future saying that his life is now in Spain and he is happy playing in La Liga.
Neatly sidestepping Cristiano’s public quotes, the Star splash their backpage with the headline “City in for Ron – Blues will topi whatever United offer.”
Hack Duncan Wright reports:
Manchester CIty have made a late move to hijack Manchester United’s attempt to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. CIty plan to break the bank to attract the Real Madrid superstar to the Etihad if he becomes available in the summer… [City] could pay more than £300,000 a week to get their man.
A copy of the Star’s backpage on Thursday is below.
- Updated: July 10, 2013