- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Man City have met with the agent of Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, hope to beat Chelsea to the striker [M.E.N]
Despite having the likes of Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko on their books, Manchester City are set to boost their forward line with one of the world’s top centre-forwards if the Manchester Evening News are accurate.
According to the M.E.N, Man CIty are ready to outbid Chelsea in order to sign Colombian hitman Radamel Falcao from Monaco.
For the record, Radamel Falcao is currently out of action after he suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage during Monaco’s Coupe de France tie against Monts Or Azergues in January.
City could be set to steal a march on Chelsea and land Monaco striker Radamel Falcao in a stunning summer swoop.
In a move that will stun the Portugese, Blues director of football Txiki Begiristain is reported to have met with the player, who cost Monaco £50m, and his agent in Madrid on Tuesday night.
Also present, according to accounts in Spain, were Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, Singaporean businessman Peter Lim and Monaco owner Dimitry Rybolovlev.
Falcao, 28, is hoping to defy the odds to regain his fitness for the World Cup in Brazil later this summer.
- Updated: April 4, 2014