Man City have met with the agent of Monaco striker Radamel Falcao, hope to beat Chelsea to the striker [M.E.N]
- April 4, 2014
Despite having the likes of Sergio Aguero, Alvaro Negredo and Edin Dzeko on their books, Manchester City are set to boost their forward line with one of the world’s top centre-forwards if the Manchester Evening News are accurate.
According to the M.E.N, Man CIty are ready to outbid Chelsea in order to sign Colombian hitman Radamel Falcao from Monaco.
For the record, Radamel Falcao is currently out of action after he suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage during Monaco’s Coupe de France tie against Monts Or Azergues in January.
City could be set to steal a march on Chelsea and land Monaco striker Radamel Falcao in a stunning summer swoop.
In a move that will stun the Portugese, Blues director of football Txiki Begiristain is reported to have met with the player, who cost Monaco £50m, and his agent in Madrid on Tuesday night.
Also present, according to accounts in Spain, were Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, Singaporean businessman Peter Lim and Monaco owner Dimitry Rybolovlev.
Falcao, 28, is hoping to defy the odds to regain his fitness for the World Cup in Brazil later this summer.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...