Man City eyeing former Man United youngster Paul Pogba, “rated at £30m” [Daily Star Sunday]
If Manchester City were to sign Paul Pogba, the French midfielder’s exit from Old Trafford would officially go down as Sir Alex Ferguson’s biggest mistake.
The 20-year-old midfielder has been sensational for Juventus – leading them to the title last season and continuing his fine form in 2013/2014 after departing from Manchester United due to a lack of first team opportunities.
According to Paul Hetherington in the Daily Star Sunday today, Juventus have approached Manchester City about signing injury-plagued forward Stevan Jovetic.
Hetherington writes: “But City chief Manuel Pellegrini would be more interested in a deal which included France midfielder Pogba, 20, who walked out on Manchester United when his contract expired 18 months ago.
“City wanted Pogba when he quit United and are still eyeing a player who is now rated in the £30million bracket. His arrival at The Etihad would be another painful blow for United,” adds Hetherington.
It is fair to say Pogba won’t be leaving Juventus in the January transfer window and the suggested fee of 30 million pounds seems very low for such a talented young player.
But, Juventus may well have trouble holding on to Pogba next summer with PSG and Manchester City set to throw their immense riches at the former Manchester United starlet.
Watch Live Stream
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- Manuel Locatelli scores cracking goal to secure AC Milan win over JuventusOctober 22, 2016
- Real Madrid discussed Paul Pogba deal with Mino Raiola in the summer [Marca]October 22, 2016
- PSG star agrees to join Juventus at end of the season [Tuttosport]October 21, 2016
- Guardiola locks Man City players in dressing room for 45 minutes after draw against SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola refuses to blame John Stones after 1-1 draw with Southampton (Video)October 23, 2016
- Twitter mocks John Stones as Manchester City defender makes another big mistake v SouthamptonOctober 23, 2016
- Kompany & Sergio Aguero start: Manchester City v Southampton [Team Sheets]October 23, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016