- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
Man City eyeing former Man United youngster Paul Pogba, “rated at £30m” [Daily Star Sunday]
If Manchester City were to sign Paul Pogba, the French midfielder’s exit from Old Trafford would officially go down as Sir Alex Ferguson’s biggest mistake.
The 20-year-old midfielder has been sensational for Juventus – leading them to the title last season and continuing his fine form in 2013/2014 after departing from Manchester United due to a lack of first team opportunities.
According to Paul Hetherington in the Daily Star Sunday today, Juventus have approached Manchester City about signing injury-plagued forward Stevan Jovetic.
Hetherington writes: “But City chief Manuel Pellegrini would be more interested in a deal which included France midfielder Pogba, 20, who walked out on Manchester United when his contract expired 18 months ago.
“City wanted Pogba when he quit United and are still eyeing a player who is now rated in the £30million bracket. His arrival at The Etihad would be another painful blow for United,” adds Hetherington.
It is fair to say Pogba won’t be leaving Juventus in the January transfer window and the suggested fee of 30 million pounds seems very low for such a talented young player.
But, Juventus may well have trouble holding on to Pogba next summer with PSG and Manchester City set to throw their immense riches at the former Manchester United starlet.
- Updated: January 12, 2014