Man City close in on Barcelona’s Victor Valdes as his move to Monaco stalls [Star]
- February 21, 2014
The Star, a tabloid with an awful record of getting transfer stories correct, fart on the backpage of their Friday offering that Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona stopper Victor Valdes.
In a rather boring headline on the red-top, the Star claim “Cty swoop for Valdes – Barca kkeeper on Pell radar”. Of course, the story comes just days after Barcelona beat Man City 2-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match in Manchester.
Inside the article Paul Brown scribbles:
Valdes is understood to have verbally agreed to join Monaco – but was set a deadline to sign a binding pre-contract with them which has now passed.
That has angered billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, who is ready to turn his attention to Hannover’s Ron-Robert Zieler instead, and City are poised to take advantage.
Should the tittle-tattle prove accurate, then big question-marks would be aimed at City’s England international keeper Joe Hart and his future at the Etihad.
Watch Victor Valdes’ individual highlights from the match against Man City earlier in the week below.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...