Man City close in on Barcelona’s Victor Valdes as his move to Monaco stalls [Star]
- February 21, 2014
The Star, a tabloid with an awful record of getting transfer stories correct, fart on the backpage of their Friday offering that Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona stopper Victor Valdes.
In a rather boring headline on the red-top, the Star claim “Cty swoop for Valdes – Barca kkeeper on Pell radar”. Of course, the story comes just days after Barcelona beat Man City 2-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match in Manchester.
Inside the article Paul Brown scribbles:
Valdes is understood to have verbally agreed to join Monaco – but was set a deadline to sign a binding pre-contract with them which has now passed.
That has angered billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, who is ready to turn his attention to Hannover’s Ron-Robert Zieler instead, and City are poised to take advantage.
Should the tittle-tattle prove accurate, then big question-marks would be aimed at City’s England international keeper Joe Hart and his future at the Etihad.
Watch Victor Valdes’ individual highlights from the match against Man City earlier in the week below.
- Man United have offered Barcelona €27m for Pedro [Sport]
- Barcelona’s Adama Traore en route to England for Liverpool medical [SPORT]
- Man United’s Ed Woodward to travel to Barcelona tomorrow to complete €30m Pedro d...
- Fiorentina 2 – Barcelona 1: Federico Bernardeschi was at the double as Barca lose...
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez scores from Ivan Rakitic’s lovely assist v Fiorenti...
- ‘He’s like a Bull': Messi has returned to Barcelona pre-season in better sh...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi