- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Man City close in on Barcelona’s Victor Valdes as his move to Monaco stalls [Star]
The Star, a tabloid with an awful record of getting transfer stories correct, fart on the backpage of their Friday offering that Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona stopper Victor Valdes.
In a rather boring headline on the red-top, the Star claim “Cty swoop for Valdes – Barca kkeeper on Pell radar”. Of course, the story comes just days after Barcelona beat Man City 2-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match in Manchester.
Inside the article Paul Brown scribbles:
Valdes is understood to have verbally agreed to join Monaco – but was set a deadline to sign a binding pre-contract with them which has now passed.
That has angered billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, who is ready to turn his attention to Hannover’s Ron-Robert Zieler instead, and City are poised to take advantage.
Should the tittle-tattle prove accurate, then big question-marks would be aimed at City’s England international keeper Joe Hart and his future at the Etihad.
Watch Victor Valdes’ individual highlights from the match against Man City earlier in the week below.
- Updated: February 21, 2014