Man City close in on Barcelona’s Victor Valdes as his move to Monaco stalls [Star]
- February 21, 2014
The Star, a tabloid with an awful record of getting transfer stories correct, fart on the backpage of their Friday offering that Manchester City are closing in on Barcelona stopper Victor Valdes.
In a rather boring headline on the red-top, the Star claim “Cty swoop for Valdes – Barca kkeeper on Pell radar”. Of course, the story comes just days after Barcelona beat Man City 2-0 in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 match in Manchester.
Inside the article Paul Brown scribbles:
Valdes is understood to have verbally agreed to join Monaco – but was set a deadline to sign a binding pre-contract with them which has now passed.
That has angered billionaire owner Dmitry Rybolovlev, who is ready to turn his attention to Hannover’s Ron-Robert Zieler instead, and City are poised to take advantage.
Should the tittle-tattle prove accurate, then big question-marks would be aimed at City’s England international keeper Joe Hart and his future at the Etihad.
Watch Victor Valdes’ individual highlights from the match against Man City earlier in the week below.
- Arsenal begin talks to sign Barcelona winger Pedro [Independent]
- Leo Messi rejected the Copa America Golden Ball award; Trophy withdrawn [Video]
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- La Liga legend David Villa scores two golazos in 2-1 NYC FC win v Montreal [Official Vi...
- Watch Leo Messi’s reactions throughout Argentina’s miserable shoot-out v Ch...
- The saddest selfie: Chile mascot bags picture with Leo Messi after Argentina defeat [vi...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi