Man City & Chelsea are battling it out to sign Juventus’ Paul Pogba [L’Equipe]
- July 6, 2014
The papers around Europe are all singing off the same hymn sheet: Paul Pogba is being aggressively chased by the biggest clubs around.
According to their sources, Pogba is indeed being tracked by some of English football big boys, with Manchester City and Chelsea rumoured to be ready to pay up for the former Manchester United player.
Man City, facing the departure of Yaya Toure from the Etihad, have earmarked Pogba as the Ivorian’s successor. City are willing to pay north of 40 million euros for the star, having previously lodged that bid with the Turin giants in May.
As for Chelsea, Jose Mourinho is ready to bid 70 million euros to land Pogba, if the rumours are true.
Yet, with all that said, L’Equipe confirm that Pogba is under contract at Juevntus until the summer of 2016, and thus the Bianconeri currently hold all the cards on whether to let their star midfielder leave.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...