Man City & Chelsea are battling it out to sign Juventus’ Paul Pogba [L’Equipe]
- July 6, 2014
The papers around Europe are all singing off the same hymn sheet: Paul Pogba is being aggressively chased by the biggest clubs around.
According to their sources, Pogba is indeed being tracked by some of English football big boys, with Manchester City and Chelsea rumoured to be ready to pay up for the former Manchester United player.
Man City, facing the departure of Yaya Toure from the Etihad, have earmarked Pogba as the Ivorian’s successor. City are willing to pay north of 40 million euros for the star, having previously lodged that bid with the Turin giants in May.
As for Chelsea, Jose Mourinho is ready to bid 70 million euros to land Pogba, if the rumours are true.
Yet, with all that said, L’Equipe confirm that Pogba is under contract at Juevntus until the summer of 2016, and thus the Bianconeri currently hold all the cards on whether to let their star midfielder leave.
- Papy Djilobodji gives his first interview as a Chelsea player following move from Nante...
- Chelsea medic Eva Carneiro has not returned to work since being demoted by Jose Mourinh...
- Paul Pogba rejected Chelsea move after Juventus accepted €85m offer [Gazzetta]
- Kid’s got talent: Footage of Chelsea’s 12-year-old sensation Ben Elliott (V...
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...