Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘My last ditch tackle on Borini gave me Barcelona flashbacks!’
- March 2, 2014
The Capital One Cup final scoreline may give the impression that it was a walk in the park for Man City, but it was anything but.
The Citizens were 1-0 down, and could easily have gone down 2-0 were it not for a brilliant last-ditch tackle from City captain Vincent Kompany.
Sunderland’s Borini broke through on goal, and at that moment, Kompany told the post-match reporter that the Barcelona game came flashing through his mind; namely, the Demichelis tackle on Messi.
It’s a pretty interesting revelation from Kompany, to consider that even in the white heat of the moment, such a clear and lucid memory could come to mind.
- Man City are on the verge of signing Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph in £8m transfer
- Yaya Toure talks about his five best Manchester City goals [Video]
- Man City players join with lucky fans to unveil new Nike home kit for the 2015/16 seaso...
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Man City captain Vincent Kompany is back in training, practising overhead kicks [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi