Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘My last ditch tackle on Borini gave me Barcelona flashbacks!’
- March 2, 2014
The Capital One Cup final scoreline may give the impression that it was a walk in the park for Man City, but it was anything but.
The Citizens were 1-0 down, and could easily have gone down 2-0 were it not for a brilliant last-ditch tackle from City captain Vincent Kompany.
Sunderland’s Borini broke through on goal, and at that moment, Kompany told the post-match reporter that the Barcelona game came flashing through his mind; namely, the Demichelis tackle on Messi.
It’s a pretty interesting revelation from Kompany, to consider that even in the white heat of the moment, such a clear and lucid memory could come to mind.
- Manchester City contradict Manuel Pellegrini by selling Marcos Lopes to Monaco
- Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini remains tight-lipped on Kevin De Bruyne deal (Video)
- Peter Schmeichel’s priceless reaction to being told he has affinity with Manchest...
- Rio Ferdinand: Man City, more than Chelsea, seem primed for a good season in the Champi...
- Confirmed pots for Thursday’s UCL draw ft. Man United & Arsenal in pot 2 [Gr...
- Done Deal: Man City sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg for a fee of at least €80m [Bild]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...