Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘My last ditch tackle on Borini gave me Barcelona flashbacks!’
- March 2, 2014
The Capital One Cup final scoreline may give the impression that it was a walk in the park for Man City, but it was anything but.
The Citizens were 1-0 down, and could easily have gone down 2-0 were it not for a brilliant last-ditch tackle from City captain Vincent Kompany.
Sunderland’s Borini broke through on goal, and at that moment, Kompany told the post-match reporter that the Barcelona game came flashing through his mind; namely, the Demichelis tackle on Messi.
It’s a pretty interesting revelation from Kompany, to consider that even in the white heat of the moment, such a clear and lucid memory could come to mind.
- Wrexham FC produce awesome Mortal Kombat themed video in Javan Vidal tribute (Video)
- Man City agree to sell Edin Dzeko to Roma for €23m [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Ex-Chelsea & Man City midfielder Frank Lampard makes his MLS debut (Videos)
- Stuttgart blitz Man City in 1st half; Pellegrini’s side recover to lose 4-2 (Offi...
- Respect: Manchester City fan gets United tattoo for charity
- Guardian 2015-16 Preview: Can Manchester City win their title back? (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi