Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.
Watch Live Stream
- Leo Messi wins UEFA’s goal of the season for his golazo v Roma (Official Video)August 25, 2016
- Watch Jasper Cillessen’s first interview after his move from Ajax to Barcelona (Video)August 25, 2016
- Barça might have second thoughts about Cillessen after Ajax’s Champions League debacle….August 24, 2016
- Savage: Barcelona star Gerard Pique makes fun of Arsenal on TwitterAugust 24, 2016
- FPL GW3: Time for a double transfer & #alwayscaptainAgueroAugust 25, 2016
- Joe Hart posts heartfelt message on Instagram to Man City fansAugust 25, 2016
- Joe Hart discusses situation at Man City & jokes about his 100% pass completion rate (Video)August 24, 2016
- Joe Hart tears up as Man City fans sing “Stand up if you love Joe Hart” (Video)August 24, 2016
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016
- France legend Thierry Henry trolls Gary Lineker before Iceland beat England (Video)June 28, 2016
- Vincent Kompany gets ganged up on by three legendary forwards (Video)June 15, 2016
- Belgium calling: Is Vincent Kompany’s absence a blessing for Belgium?May 9, 2016