- 19-year-old Davie Selke’s sweet curler for Werder Bremen v Borussia Dortmund [Official Video]
- Bad news for Liverpool. No team has finished higher than 6th after been 10th at Xmas [Graphic]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo a loan target for Crystal Palace in January [Mirror]
- Liverpool loanee Luis Alberto scored 27 seconds after coming on for Malaga v Elche [Video]
- Nuts! Bayern’s Manuel Neuer let in only his 4th goal in 17 league games v Mainz [Official Video]
Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.
- Updated: February 18, 2014