Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi talks openly about his affection for NBA star Steph Curry (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Spanish press issue mixed reports over Juventus’ attempts to sign Barcelona’s Javier ...May 25th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- Gerard Pique fired shots at the Madrid media outlets in Barcelona’s double celebrationsMay 24th, 2016
- Martin Demichelis picks more Man United than Man City players in dream 5-a-side team (Video)May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Manchester City to announce £20m deal for Dortmund star Ilkay Gundogan today [BILD]May 24th, 2016
- Man City set to spent big money on BVB’s Ilkay Gundogan even though he’s injured [Kic...May 22nd, 2016
- Belgium calling: Is Vincent Kompany’s absence a blessing for Belgium?May 9th, 2016
- Out of Euro 2016, Man City’s injured Vincent Kompany gets more horrible newsMay 8th, 2016
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany announces terrible news on FacebookMay 7th, 2016
- Vincent Kompany comes off injured again minutes into Real Madrid v Man City [Tweets]May 4th, 2016