Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.
Watch Live Stream
- Neymar upsets Luis Enrique on a trip to London [Sport]October 26, 2016
- Brazilian model Livia Gullo gets famous by supporting FC Barcelona [Instagram]October 26, 2016
- The Valencia fan who hit Neymar with a bottle writes a letter explaining his actions [99.9 Valencia Radio]October 26, 2016
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez reveals plans to return to former clubOctober 25, 2016
- Man City fans vandalised facilities at Old Trafford after the Man United defeat [Pictures]October 27, 2016
- The moment Michael Carrick outpaced Sergio Aguero (Video)October 27, 2016
- Man City boss hails Pablo Maffeo, believes 19-year-old was a match for United’s Paul Pogba (Video)October 26, 2016
- Jose Mourinho apologises to Man United’s Stretford End for 4-0 defeat to Chelsea (Video)October 26, 2016
- Kompany & Sergio Aguero start: Manchester City v Southampton [Team Sheets]October 23, 2016
- Pep Guardiola reacts to accusations he’s forcing Aguero and Kompany out of Man City (Video)October 21, 2016
- Mixed reports on Vincent Kompany’s latest Man City injury setbackSeptember 22, 2016
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016