- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
- February 18, 2014
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.