Man City captain Vincent Kompany: ‘At 11 v 11 we showed Barcelona too much respect, they were there for the taking’
Man City captain ‘Vinny’ Kompany took an interesting view of his side’s defeat to Barcelona tonight.
Kompany told ITV’s reporter that he felt City showed Barcelona too much respect at 11 v 11, and that the Spanish champions were ‘there for the taking’.
Kompany also lamented the refereeing, insisting that most of the fouls that were blown against City would be waved away as fair tackles in the Premier League.
Overall, Kompany looks like he left a lot of regrets behind him on the pitch, and is already looking forward to the return leg in 3 weeks time.
Watch Live Stream
- Even when Leo Messi dives, he is still the most honest player on the planet (video)December 10, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar congratulates ‘Fatty’ Luis Suarez on Osasuna goal on SnapcatDecember 10, 2016
- Huge boost for Barcelona as Messi and Suarez open contract talks [BBC Sport]December 10, 2016
- Neymar creates the ultimate footballer from the best players ever (Video)December 9, 2016
- John Stones drug tested after Leicester 4 – Man City 2 (video)December 10, 2016
- Journalist asks Pep about Man City not winning a tackle in 35 mins v Leicester. He didn’t like it (Video)December 10, 2016
- It’s not all Pep’s fault: Man City’s defensive signings over last 7 years are awfulDecember 10, 2016
- Jamie Carragher & the internet lay into Pep Guardiola & the Man City defenceDecember 10, 2016
- Man City’s Vincent Kompany’s injuries have kept him out for 2.5 years of footballNovember 25, 2016
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola gives Sergio Aguero & Vincent Kompany injury updatesNovember 25, 2016
- Fears for Vincent Kompany’s Man City career after another injury v Crystal Palace [Tweets]November 19, 2016
- Yet more bad news for Manchester City & Belgium captain Vincent KompanyNovember 9, 2016