Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘I don’t care about player nationality'; no guarantees for Joe Hart [Video]
- August 10, 2014
UKIP won’t have liked the sight of Man City’s Manuel Pellegrini didn’t name a single Briton or Englishman in his starting XI to face Arsenal in the Community Shield.
Ironically, Arsenal were the first team to do this, back in 2005, and since then, it’s not exactly a rare event, so City boss Pellegrini was keen to play down the importance of it.
‘It doesn’t matter for me if the player is from Europe, America, Asia – I pick the team I believe is best to win a particular game; I don’t look at nationality.
Asked about Joe Hart’s number 1 credentials, Pellegrini gave no guarantees for the England keeper, saying ‘every player has to prove he’s the number 1 in his position’.
- Joe Hart was undoubtedly the hero of the penalty shootout as Man City beat Roma [Offici...
- Raheem Sterling scores goals in Man City training, Joe Hart does pushups as a forfeit [...
- Man City players join with lucky fans to unveil new Nike home kit for the 2015/16 seaso...
- Man City goalie Joe Hart is the unlikely friend of rapper 50 Cent [Instagram]
- Joe Hart looking forward to Wayne Rooney breaking England’s goalscoring record [V...
- Man City keeper Joe Hart on his record fourth Golden Gloves award [Video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi