- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
Mame Biram Diouf misses Hannover training, set for reunion with Solksjaer at Cardiff [Kicker]
Mame Biram Diouf is reportedly on the verge of a return to England, and more specifically of a reunion with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Senegalese striker played under the Baby Faced Assassin at Molde, the Norwegian club where he made his name and attracted the interest of Man United, where he move in 2009.
Despite scoring on his Old Trafford debut, Diouf never made the grade at United, and was sold to Hannover in 2012, where he’s become a consistent and reliable Bundesliga goalscorer.
German paper Kicker reveal that Diouf missed Hannover training today, which steps up talk of his move to Cardiff and a reunion with Solskjaer.
Kicker believe Diouf missed training for genuine reasons – his mother being ill – though coupled with the fact that the club have said they are ‘open’ to selling him, it adds weight to possibility of him moving to the Welsh Premier League side in this transfer window.
- Updated: January 7, 2014