- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
Mame Biram Diouf misses Hannover training, set for reunion with Solksjaer at Cardiff [Kicker]
Mame Biram Diouf is reportedly on the verge of a return to England, and more specifically of a reunion with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Senegalese striker played under the Baby Faced Assassin at Molde, the Norwegian club where he made his name and attracted the interest of Man United, where he move in 2009.
Despite scoring on his Old Trafford debut, Diouf never made the grade at United, and was sold to Hannover in 2012, where he’s become a consistent and reliable Bundesliga goalscorer.
German paper Kicker reveal that Diouf missed Hannover training today, which steps up talk of his move to Cardiff and a reunion with Solskjaer.
Kicker believe Diouf missed training for genuine reasons – his mother being ill – though coupled with the fact that the club have said they are ‘open’ to selling him, it adds weight to possibility of him moving to the Welsh Premier League side in this transfer window.
- Updated: January 7, 2014