Mame Biram Diouf misses Hannover training, set for reunion with Solksjaer at Cardiff [Kicker]
- January 7, 2014
Mame Biram Diouf is reportedly on the verge of a return to England, and more specifically of a reunion with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
The Senegalese striker played under the Baby Faced Assassin at Molde, the Norwegian club where he made his name and attracted the interest of Man United, where he move in 2009.
Despite scoring on his Old Trafford debut, Diouf never made the grade at United, and was sold to Hannover in 2012, where he’s become a consistent and reliable Bundesliga goalscorer.
German paper Kicker reveal that Diouf missed Hannover training today, which steps up talk of his move to Cardiff and a reunion with Solskjaer.
Kicker believe Diouf missed training for genuine reasons – his mother being ill – though coupled with the fact that the club have said they are ‘open’ to selling him, it adds weight to possibility of him moving to the Welsh Premier League side in this transfer window.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...