Mamadou Sakho weighing up offers from Liverpool & Monaco [Le Parisien]
- August 13, 2013
Reports in France over recent days confirm that defender Mamadou Sakho is weighing up offers from both Liverpool and Monaco as he considers an exit from Paris Saint Germain.
Sakho has fallen behind the likes of Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Alex in PSG’s defence and is keen for first team football with the World Cup next summer.
The 23-year-old has long been linked with Liverpool and has just one season left on his current deal at PSG.
The defender’s advisers have been in touch with PSG to find out how much they will sell Sakho for, according to Le Parisien.
Sakho has not played in the early games under Laurent Blanc and has been told by French boss Didier Deschamps that he needs game time.
Le Parisien add that Sakho’s agents have been in touch with Liverpool, who initially expressed interest last winter. Informal talks have also been held with Monaco.
Sakho is keen to join a big club and could well be a good fit for Liverpool, with a physically imposing style that should suit the Premier League.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...