Mamadou Sakho weighing up offers from Liverpool & Monaco [Le Parisien]
Reports in France over recent days confirm that defender Mamadou Sakho is weighing up offers from both Liverpool and Monaco as he considers an exit from Paris Saint Germain.
Sakho has fallen behind the likes of Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Alex in PSG’s defence and is keen for first team football with the World Cup next summer.
The 23-year-old has long been linked with Liverpool and has just one season left on his current deal at PSG.
The defender’s advisers have been in touch with PSG to find out how much they will sell Sakho for, according to Le Parisien.
Sakho has not played in the early games under Laurent Blanc and has been told by French boss Didier Deschamps that he needs game time.
Le Parisien add that Sakho’s agents have been in touch with Liverpool, who initially expressed interest last winter. Informal talks have also been held with Monaco.
Sakho is keen to join a big club and could well be a good fit for Liverpool, with a physically imposing style that should suit the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man City v Chelsea & how to replace CoutinhoDecember 2, 2016
- Man United old boy & Arsenal star plot moves to the Santiago Bernabeu [Marca]November 30, 2016
- Fake story: PSG deny viral reports suggesting they donated €40m to ChapecoenseNovember 29, 2016
- Lyon v PSG: Watch a live stream of the Ligue 1 matchNovember 27, 2016
- All the best Edinson Cavani jokes after his performance v ArsenalNovember 24, 2016