Mamadou Sakho weighing up offers from Liverpool & Monaco [Le Parisien]
Reports in France over recent days confirm that defender Mamadou Sakho is weighing up offers from both Liverpool and Monaco as he considers an exit from Paris Saint Germain.
Sakho has fallen behind the likes of Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Alex in PSG’s defence and is keen for first team football with the World Cup next summer.
The 23-year-old has long been linked with Liverpool and has just one season left on his current deal at PSG.
The defender’s advisers have been in touch with PSG to find out how much they will sell Sakho for, according to Le Parisien.
Sakho has not played in the early games under Laurent Blanc and has been told by French boss Didier Deschamps that he needs game time.
Le Parisien add that Sakho’s agents have been in touch with Liverpool, who initially expressed interest last winter. Informal talks have also been held with Monaco.
Sakho is keen to join a big club and could well be a good fit for Liverpool, with a physically imposing style that should suit the Premier League.
Watch Live Stream
- EA Sports FIFA 17 snub Liverpool completely, double down on Everton [Instagram]September 30, 2016
- Swansea v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola explained to Nice why they shouldn’t sign Mario Balotelli from LiverpoolSeptember 29, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho handed lifeline by Jurgen Klopp with under-23 chanceSeptember 28, 2016
- Nicolas Anelka writes a passionate defence of Serge Aurier on Facebook, discusses the ‘black cause’September 27, 2016
- Rumour: Man United old boy Angel di Maria may be heading to ChelseaSeptember 26, 2016
- PSG star Serge Aurier sentenced to two months in prison for assaulting a police officerSeptember 26, 2016
- PSG claim Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic owes them money [L’Equipe]September 23, 2016