- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Mamadou Sakho weighing up offers from Liverpool & Monaco [Le Parisien]
Reports in France over recent days confirm that defender Mamadou Sakho is weighing up offers from both Liverpool and Monaco as he considers an exit from Paris Saint Germain.
Sakho has fallen behind the likes of Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Alex in PSG’s defence and is keen for first team football with the World Cup next summer.
The 23-year-old has long been linked with Liverpool and has just one season left on his current deal at PSG.
The defender’s advisers have been in touch with PSG to find out how much they will sell Sakho for, according to Le Parisien.
Sakho has not played in the early games under Laurent Blanc and has been told by French boss Didier Deschamps that he needs game time.
Le Parisien add that Sakho’s agents have been in touch with Liverpool, who initially expressed interest last winter. Informal talks have also been held with Monaco.
Sakho is keen to join a big club and could well be a good fit for Liverpool, with a physically imposing style that should suit the Premier League.
- Updated: August 13, 2013