Malky Mackay to meet Cardiff board on Monday, issues ultimatum for Iain Moody sacking explanation [Western Mail]
- October 14, 2013
Is Malky Mackay set to leave Cardiff?
Welsh newspaper, the Western Mail, splash their Monday paper with the eye-grabbing headline “Crisis Point” as the craziness as Cardiff is set to come to a head at an explosive board meeting on Monday.
Despite Cardiff’s steady start to life in the Premier League (2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats), the Bluebirds have been plunged into crisis in recent days after Iain Moody, manager’s Malky Mackay number two, was sacked in strange circumstances at the end of last week.
Questions surrounding Moody’s sacking have been heightened as the club replaced their number two with Alisher Apsalyamov; a 23-year-old Kazakh without any known football experience.
Cardiff chairman Vincent Tan has attempted to quell the unrest surrounding the employment changed by issuing a public message of support for boss Malky Mackay over the weekend, however quotes published by Mackay’s agent in the Western Mail on Monday suggest those overtures have failed to restore calm at the Welsh club.
Raymond Sparkes, Mackay’s long-standing agent, told the paper that fireworks could result from a board meeting at Cardiff on Monday.
From the word go Malky’s concern has not been for himself, it is for the club itself. He is deeply concerned that what was being built at Cardiff City, the momentum being built over the last two years, is in danger of unravelling.
Malky understands there has been a lack of clarity and will insist at the end of the board meeting that the chairman or other senior directors provide supporters with a clear explanation of what has been going on. If that cannot be done he will take it upon himself to do it.
In the meeting we will be seeking to find out the support from Vincent Tan to Malky moving into the future. We have to feel the climate is right to be able to move things forward.
A copy of the backpage of the Western Mail on Monday is below.
- Nottingham Forest fan travels to Cardiff. Realises it’s not an away game. Drives ...
- Fan tried to head a ball in the Cardiff v Wolves match. He failed spectacularly (Videos)
- Cardiff v Wolverhampton: Watch a Live Stream
- Watch Scott Malone’s injury time golazo that gave Cardiff a 2-2 draw at QPR (Offi...
- Cardiff 2 – Watford 1: Troy Deeney scores for the Hornets, Joe Mason hits a doubl...
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobi...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...