Malky Mackay to meet Cardiff board on Monday, issues ultimatum for Iain Moody sacking explanation [Western Mail]
- October 14, 2013
Is Malky Mackay set to leave Cardiff?
Welsh newspaper, the Western Mail, splash their Monday paper with the eye-grabbing headline “Crisis Point” as the craziness as Cardiff is set to come to a head at an explosive board meeting on Monday.
Despite Cardiff’s steady start to life in the Premier League (2 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats), the Bluebirds have been plunged into crisis in recent days after Iain Moody, manager’s Malky Mackay number two, was sacked in strange circumstances at the end of last week.
Questions surrounding Moody’s sacking have been heightened as the club replaced their number two with Alisher Apsalyamov; a 23-year-old Kazakh without any known football experience.
Cardiff chairman Vincent Tan has attempted to quell the unrest surrounding the employment changed by issuing a public message of support for boss Malky Mackay over the weekend, however quotes published by Mackay’s agent in the Western Mail on Monday suggest those overtures have failed to restore calm at the Welsh club.
Raymond Sparkes, Mackay’s long-standing agent, told the paper that fireworks could result from a board meeting at Cardiff on Monday.
From the word go Malky’s concern has not been for himself, it is for the club itself. He is deeply concerned that what was being built at Cardiff City, the momentum being built over the last two years, is in danger of unravelling.
Malky understands there has been a lack of clarity and will insist at the end of the board meeting that the chairman or other senior directors provide supporters with a clear explanation of what has been going on. If that cannot be done he will take it upon himself to do it.
In the meeting we will be seeking to find out the support from Vincent Tan to Malky moving into the future. We have to feel the climate is right to be able to move things forward.
A copy of the backpage of the Western Mail on Monday is below.
- Cardiff 2 – Watford 1: Troy Deeney scores for the Hornets, Joe Mason hits a doubl...
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobi...
- Ex Cardiff striker Jay Bothroyd pulls off unreal piece of skill for Júbilo Iwata in Jap...
- Ipswich midfielder Cole Skuse nets wondergoal to end 3 year goal drought [Official Video]
- Ex-Cardiff forward Andreas Cornelius suffers a horrible leg break for FC Copenhagen [Vi...
- Bournemouth were controversially denied a freak winner v Cardiff in a 1-1 draw [Officia...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi