Malaga left-back Nacho Monreal is flying to London to complete a €10m move to Arsenal
- January 31, 2013
News is breaking on Thursday afternoon that Arsenal are poised to snap up Malaga left-back Nacho Monreal for €10m.
The news has been reported by Spain’s AS newspaper as well as Radio Marca.
Monreal, 26, is a 5ft 10in defender who has received nine caps for Spain’s national team. Moreover, Monreal has featured 14 times for Malaga in La Liga this season, scoring one goal against Mallorca just a few days ago.
Monreal will add extra cover for Arsene Wenger, taking into account Keiran Gibbs’ recent injury against LIverpool which left Andre Santos as the only fit left back on the Gunners books.
It is worth pointing out that Monreal would be unable to play for Arsenal in the Champions League having already featured in th egroup stages for Malaga.
Below the fold you can see how Nacho Monreal’s Wikipedia page was trolled following the news he is moving to Arsenal.
Watch Monreal’s goal for Malaga v Mallorca below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi