- Gary Neville asks Howard Webb ‘What makes a headbutt’ re Wilshere’s ‘nut’ on Fellaini [Video]
- Neymar pays tribute to Barça teammate: ‘There are no words for Messi, he’s my idol’ [Video]
- Golazo! Everton’s Ryan Ledson scores Ronaldinhoesque 45m free kick for England U18s! [Video]
- Jose Mourinho responds to ‘Dr’ Sergio Ramos: ‘I don’t think he has a Masters in Medicine’
- Golazo! Atletico Madrid’s Koke records brother Borja Resurrección scoring 30m free-kick [Video]
Malaga left-back Nacho Monreal is flying to London to complete a €10m move to Arsenal
News is breaking on Thursday afternoon that Arsenal are poised to snap up Malaga left-back Nacho Monreal for €10m.
The news has been reported by Spain’s AS newspaper as well as Radio Marca.
Monreal, 26, is a 5ft 10in defender who has received nine caps for Spain’s national team. Moreover, Monreal has featured 14 times for Malaga in La Liga this season, scoring one goal against Mallorca just a few days ago.
Monreal will add extra cover for Arsene Wenger, taking into account Keiran Gibbs’ recent injury against LIverpool which left Andre Santos as the only fit left back on the Gunners books.
It is worth pointing out that Monreal would be unable to play for Arsenal in the Champions League having already featured in th egroup stages for Malaga.
Below the fold you can see how Nacho Monreal’s Wikipedia page was trolled following the news he is moving to Arsenal.
Watch Monreal’s goal for Malaga v Mallorca below.
- Updated: January 31, 2013