Malaga eye a loan move for Chelsea’s De Bruyne while PSV are rebuffed in an approach for Thorgan Hazard
- December 30, 2013
Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur has provided updates on Monday morning regarding two Chelsea midfielders who are nowhere near the first team at Stamford Bridge.
Kevin De Bruyne, the 22-year-old Tintin lookalike who had a wonderful 2012-13 in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen, has so far been limited to just three Chelsea appearances this season under Jose Mourinho.
With the World Cup coming closer, and De Bruyne in need to prove his worth in order to feature for Belgium at the tournament, it seems inevitable that the midfielder will leave Chelsea on loan in January in order to get some much needed play time.
In that regard, Kristof Terreur has now gone on the record to report that the directors at Malaga have talked to Chelsea about loaning De Bruyne in January.
Whether the deal will happen though in is doubt as, after his successful period in Germany, suggestions are that De Bruyne would prefer to play for Wolfsburg or Bayer Leverkusen, who are rumoured to be courting the player’s signature.
Elsewhere, the battle to sign Thorgan Hazard is also on.
The 20-year-old younger brother of Eden is currently having another excellent campaign in Belgium on loan at Zulte-Waregem, having spent last season at the club also. In total Thorgan has scored 14 Jupiler League goals over the past two campaigns, and that has pique the attention of Dutch outfit PSV.
PSV have, however, been rebuffed in their approach for the youngest Hazard, with Chelsea letting the Dutch giants know that the player is not for sale. Moreover, Marcel Brands, the sports director at PSV, has been reported saying “He wants to stay in Belgium, so he’s not an option anymore.”
In that regard, Anderlecht are also reported to be chasing Thorgan Hazard this winter, and it’s unknown for how much longer Zulte-Waregem can hold onto the burgeoning talent.
- Joey Barton airs his thoughts on Everton and Chelsea’s John Stones tug-of-war (Vi...
- Chelsea close to signing Monaco’s Aymen Abdennour after giving up John Stones chase
- Jose Mourinho confused by Chelsea’s 2 red cards in 3 games (Video)
- Jose Mourinho refuses to answer questions about Everton boss Roberto Martinez (Video)
- Roberto Martinez draws a line under John Stones saga, confirms defender is staying at E...
- Chelsea target John Stones forced to “flee” his home by Everton “hate...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...