Malaga eye a loan move for Chelsea’s De Bruyne while PSV are rebuffed in an approach for Thorgan Hazard
Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur has provided updates on Monday morning regarding two Chelsea midfielders who are nowhere near the first team at Stamford Bridge.
Kevin De Bruyne, the 22-year-old Tintin lookalike who had a wonderful 2012-13 in the Bundesliga with Werder Bremen, has so far been limited to just three Chelsea appearances this season under Jose Mourinho.
With the World Cup coming closer, and De Bruyne in need to prove his worth in order to feature for Belgium at the tournament, it seems inevitable that the midfielder will leave Chelsea on loan in January in order to get some much needed play time.
In that regard, Kristof Terreur has now gone on the record to report that the directors at Malaga have talked to Chelsea about loaning De Bruyne in January.
Whether the deal will happen though in is doubt as, after his successful period in Germany, suggestions are that De Bruyne would prefer to play for Wolfsburg or Bayer Leverkusen, who are rumoured to be courting the player’s signature.
Elsewhere, the battle to sign Thorgan Hazard is also on.
The 20-year-old younger brother of Eden is currently having another excellent campaign in Belgium on loan at Zulte-Waregem, having spent last season at the club also. In total Thorgan has scored 14 Jupiler League goals over the past two campaigns, and that has pique the attention of Dutch outfit PSV.
PSV have, however, been rebuffed in their approach for the youngest Hazard, with Chelsea letting the Dutch giants know that the player is not for sale. Moreover, Marcel Brands, the sports director at PSV, has been reported saying “He wants to stay in Belgium, so he’s not an option anymore.”
In that regard, Anderlecht are also reported to be chasing Thorgan Hazard this winter, and it’s unknown for how much longer Zulte-Waregem can hold onto the burgeoning talent.
Watch Live Stream
- The expected goals Premier League table: Chelsea & Arsenal impressDecember 7, 2016
- Kurt Zouma posts video of David Luiz joking around at Chelsea trainingDecember 7, 2016
- Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola talks through that goal against Norwich (video)December 7, 2016
- Antonio Conte shows off great Tekkers in Chelsea training (video)December 6, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Arsenal & Man City stars selected in the top 8 Champions League players of the weekNovember 3, 2016
- ‘We dominated Barça’: Man City’s Ilkay Gundogan & De Bruyne speak post-match (Video)November 1, 2016
- Belgian duo on the bench: West Brom v Manchester City [Team Sheets]October 29, 2016