- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Maicon Pereira Roque (Porto B) scores from inside his own half v UD Oliveirense
Better known simply as Maicon, Porto’s 24-year-old Brazilian centre-half scored a wondergoal on Sunday in the second division in Portugal.
Porto B ran out 3-1 winners over UD Oliveirense, and the breakthrough goal which put the hosts 2-1 up was scored from over 60-yards out.
Five minuts into the second half Maicon picked up possession a few yards behind the halfway-line, towards the right side of the pitch. Then, after a quick look-see, the defender launched a shot straight at the Oliveirense goal and amazingly the ball soared over the keeper and into the net.
It was an oustanding strike.
Watch Maicon Pereira Roque’s long, long ranger golazo below.
- Updated: February 4, 2013