- Celtic to fend off offers from Arsenal & Liverpool for defender Virgil van Dijk [Scotsman]
- “He is a player of United!” LVG rules out loan move for Adnan Januzaj
- Man United & Arsenal have a great win % on Boxing Day, Aston Villa less so
- The top 10 funniest moments of the Bundesliga so far! [Video]
- Tottenham are in advanced talks with PSG midfielder Adrien Rabiot [L'Equipe]
Maicon Pereira Roque (Porto B) scores from inside his own half v UD Oliveirense
Better known simply as Maicon, Porto’s 24-year-old Brazilian centre-half scored a wondergoal on Sunday in the second division in Portugal.
Porto B ran out 3-1 winners over UD Oliveirense, and the breakthrough goal which put the hosts 2-1 up was scored from over 60-yards out.
Five minuts into the second half Maicon picked up possession a few yards behind the halfway-line, towards the right side of the pitch. Then, after a quick look-see, the defender launched a shot straight at the Oliveirense goal and amazingly the ball soared over the keeper and into the net.
It was an oustanding strike.
Watch Maicon Pereira Roque’s long, long ranger golazo below.
- Updated: February 4, 2013