Madness! Sir Alex Ferguson signs off with a 5-5 draw at West Brom (Pictures & video)
- May 19, 2013
After over 26 years in charge, Sir Alex Ferguson finally stepped down as manager of Manchester United.
Probably the greatest manager of all time, Ferguson sent his boys out one last time with one word in their heads. Attack.
And that they did. After going 3-0 and 5-2 up Fergie’s United were halted by on-loan Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, bagging a hat-trick whilst terrorising United’s defence.
Ferguson broke a record or two in his final ever game.
It was the highest ever score draw in the Premier League and it was United’s joint highest scoring game with him in charge.
Highlights of Ferguson’s last game in charge can be seen here:
Pictures can be seen further below…
A guard of honour for Fergie’s 1500th and final match in charge:
Sir Alex Ferguson sharing a joke with his staff:
West Brom pay tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson:
One of many United fans banners:
Ferguson goes over to his fans after the final whistle:
Fergie acknowledges his adoring fans:
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...