WTF! Ugandan Arsenal fan lost his home betting on the Man United game, winner wagered his Toyota & wife (!)
— The Observer (@observerug) November 13, 2013
The Ugandan Observer has released a wonderful and mental story recording how Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Arsenal has dramatically affected the lives of two of it’s citizens.
The newspaper has run the story that in the town of Iganga, towards the south east of the country, a staunch Arsenal football fan is looking for a home for his family after he lost his house in a bet over last weekend’s Sunday Sunday match in the Premier League.
Betting on the outcome of the result, diehard Gooner Henry Dhabasani staked his two-roomed house against Man United backer Rashid Yiga.
Amazingly, Mr Yiga is said to have wagered his new Toyota Premio car plus his wife (!) that Manchester United would beat the Wenger Boys.
The Ugandan Observer reported:
The two put their stake in writing, with local leaders and fans witnessing the deed. Dhabasani, married to three wives with five children, fainted at the end of the match on realising Arsenal had lost the game 1–0.
On Monday, several Manchester United fans stormed Dhabasani’s home and threw him and his family out.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Pierluigi Collina offers his expert opinion on tackle that broke Luke Shaw’s leg
- Man United’s Anthony Martial bagged an assist in France win v Armenia (video)
- Man United flyer Antonio Valencia pulled off a quality rapid assist v Argentina (offici...
- Pele reveals the clubs that made offers to Santos for him, a Premier League giant among...