WTF! Ugandan Arsenal fan lost his home betting on the Man United game, winner wagered his Toyota & wife (!)
— The Observer (@observerug) November 13, 2013
The Ugandan Observer has released a wonderful and mental story recording how Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Arsenal has dramatically affected the lives of two of it’s citizens.
The newspaper has run the story that in the town of Iganga, towards the south east of the country, a staunch Arsenal football fan is looking for a home for his family after he lost his house in a bet over last weekend’s Sunday Sunday match in the Premier League.
Betting on the outcome of the result, diehard Gooner Henry Dhabasani staked his two-roomed house against Man United backer Rashid Yiga.
Amazingly, Mr Yiga is said to have wagered his new Toyota Premio car plus his wife (!) that Manchester United would beat the Wenger Boys.
The Ugandan Observer reported:
The two put their stake in writing, with local leaders and fans witnessing the deed. Dhabasani, married to three wives with five children, fainted at the end of the match on realising Arsenal had lost the game 1–0.
On Monday, several Manchester United fans stormed Dhabasani’s home and threw him and his family out.
Watch Live Stream
- Act like it’s your own money: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger on spendingAugust 24, 2016
- Arsenal stopper Petr Cech explains why he moved from midfield to goalkeeper (Video)August 24, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczesny makes horrendous howler in 3-0 Roma UCL defeat (Video)August 23, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- Man United fans react to claims Bastian Schweinsteiger is like Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 24, 2016
- Bastian Schweinsteiger briefs his fans on current Man United situation [Twitter]August 24, 2016
- Paul Pogba’s doppelgänger turns up at Man UnitedAugust 24, 2016
- Footballer’s wife drops social media hint a move to Man United may be happening [Instagram]August 24, 2016