WTF! Ugandan Arsenal fan lost his home betting on the Man United game, winner wagered his Toyota & wife (!)
— The Observer (@observerug) November 13, 2013
The Ugandan Observer has released a wonderful and mental story recording how Manchester United’s 1-0 win over Arsenal has dramatically affected the lives of two of it’s citizens.
The newspaper has run the story that in the town of Iganga, towards the south east of the country, a staunch Arsenal football fan is looking for a home for his family after he lost his house in a bet over last weekend’s Sunday Sunday match in the Premier League.
Betting on the outcome of the result, diehard Gooner Henry Dhabasani staked his two-roomed house against Man United backer Rashid Yiga.
Amazingly, Mr Yiga is said to have wagered his new Toyota Premio car plus his wife (!) that Manchester United would beat the Wenger Boys.
The Ugandan Observer reported:
The two put their stake in writing, with local leaders and fans witnessing the deed. Dhabasani, married to three wives with five children, fainted at the end of the match on realising Arsenal had lost the game 1–0.
On Monday, several Manchester United fans stormed Dhabasani’s home and threw him and his family out.
Watch Live Stream
- BBC’s David Ornstein on Mesut Ozil & Alexis Sanchez renewal updates after Arsenal’s AGM (Video)October 25, 2016
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Liverpool, Chelsea & 88 other scouts watch 17-year-old Alexander Isak in action [Expressen]October 25, 2016
- Man United v Man City: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 25, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Paul Pogba are being ‘dragged down’ at Man United (BBC Video)October 25, 2016
- Man United’s Paul Pogba is getting hammered on social mediaOctober 25, 2016