- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
LVG: Liverpool win is nice but not important, but Man United “must win” against Swansea
No sooner had the final whistle blown as Manchester United beat Liverpool at the International Champions Cup, than Louis van Gaal’s mind began focusing on the next match for the Red Devils.
Van Gaal said that while it is nice for the fans that Manchester United beat its long-time rival in the final, the “most important game” remains the upcoming match against Swansea city.
He added that despite having secured victories over Rome, Inter Milan and Real Madrid recently, “it was not enough” and merely served as “a test in the Premier League.”
Following the win over rivals Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal told a packed room of journalists:
It’s nice for the fans in the United States of America but also at home, that we beat Liverpool. It’s not our favourite opponent I think for Mans United fans, but I think we gave a lot of pleasure to these fans and that is very important.
Of course it is better to win in preparation time than to lose, but most the important game is against Swansea City, the first game at home in the Premier League, that we have to win.
- Updated: August 5, 2014