LVG: Liverpool win is nice but not important, but Man United “must win” against Swansea
- August 5, 2014
No sooner had the final whistle blown as Manchester United beat Liverpool at the International Champions Cup, than Louis van Gaal’s mind began focusing on the next match for the Red Devils.
Van Gaal said that while it is nice for the fans that Manchester United beat its long-time rival in the final, the “most important game” remains the upcoming match against Swansea city.
He added that despite having secured victories over Rome, Inter Milan and Real Madrid recently, “it was not enough” and merely served as “a test in the Premier League.”
Following the win over rivals Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal told a packed room of journalists:
It’s nice for the fans in the United States of America but also at home, that we beat Liverpool. It’s not our favourite opponent I think for Mans United fans, but I think we gave a lot of pleasure to these fans and that is very important.
Of course it is better to win in preparation time than to lose, but most the important game is against Swansea City, the first game at home in the Premier League, that we have to win.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...