LVG: Liverpool win is nice but not important, but Man United “must win” against Swansea
- August 5, 2014
No sooner had the final whistle blown as Manchester United beat Liverpool at the International Champions Cup, than Louis van Gaal’s mind began focusing on the next match for the Red Devils.
Van Gaal said that while it is nice for the fans that Manchester United beat its long-time rival in the final, the “most important game” remains the upcoming match against Swansea city.
He added that despite having secured victories over Rome, Inter Milan and Real Madrid recently, “it was not enough” and merely served as “a test in the Premier League.”
Following the win over rivals Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal told a packed room of journalists:
It’s nice for the fans in the United States of America but also at home, that we beat Liverpool. It’s not our favourite opponent I think for Mans United fans, but I think we gave a lot of pleasure to these fans and that is very important.
Of course it is better to win in preparation time than to lose, but most the important game is against Swansea City, the first game at home in the Premier League, that we have to win.
- Holland boss Danny Blind reveals he turned down offer to join Louis van Gaal at Man United
- Louis van Gaal sings Frank Sinatra’s ‘My Way’ in superb parody [Video]
- Louis van Gaal has blocked David De Gea’s move to Real Madrid [Marca]
- Manchester United set to bid £20million for Bayern Munich defender Jerome Boateng [Star]
- Man United closing in on £7.5m deal for Bastian Schweinsteiger [Sunday People]
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal wants Everton striker Romelu Lukaku [Sun Sport]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi