LVG: Liverpool win is nice but not important, but Man United “must win” against Swansea
- August 5, 2014
No sooner had the final whistle blown as Manchester United beat Liverpool at the International Champions Cup, than Louis van Gaal’s mind began focusing on the next match for the Red Devils.
Van Gaal said that while it is nice for the fans that Manchester United beat its long-time rival in the final, the “most important game” remains the upcoming match against Swansea city.
He added that despite having secured victories over Rome, Inter Milan and Real Madrid recently, “it was not enough” and merely served as “a test in the Premier League.”
Following the win over rivals Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal told a packed room of journalists:
It’s nice for the fans in the United States of America but also at home, that we beat Liverpool. It’s not our favourite opponent I think for Mans United fans, but I think we gave a lot of pleasure to these fans and that is very important.
Of course it is better to win in preparation time than to lose, but most the important game is against Swansea City, the first game at home in the Premier League, that we have to win.
- Van Gaal confirms that Januzaj is out of Swansea v Manchester United (Video)
- Louis van Gaal looking forward to meeting ‘old friends’ when Manchester Uni...
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal hails Wayne Rooney’s “strong mentality”...
- Man United boss Louis van Gaal hails Wayne Rooney after hat-trick v Club Brugge (Video)
- LvG & Ryan Giggs hilarious reaction to Chicharito’s awful penalty on the Man...
- Man United set to offer Phil Jones + cash for Chelsea target John Stones [Daily Star]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...