LVG: Liverpool win is nice but not important, but Man United “must win” against Swansea
- August 5, 2014
No sooner had the final whistle blown as Manchester United beat Liverpool at the International Champions Cup, than Louis van Gaal’s mind began focusing on the next match for the Red Devils.
Van Gaal said that while it is nice for the fans that Manchester United beat its long-time rival in the final, the “most important game” remains the upcoming match against Swansea city.
He added that despite having secured victories over Rome, Inter Milan and Real Madrid recently, “it was not enough” and merely served as “a test in the Premier League.”
Following the win over rivals Liverpool in Miami, van Gaal told a packed room of journalists:
It’s nice for the fans in the United States of America but also at home, that we beat Liverpool. It’s not our favourite opponent I think for Mans United fans, but I think we gave a lot of pleasure to these fans and that is very important.
Of course it is better to win in preparation time than to lose, but most the important game is against Swansea City, the first game at home in the Premier League, that we have to win.
- Van Gaal ready to sell De Gea, but Manchester United board refusing to give in to Real ...
- How high can Louis van Gaal take Man United after another big spending summer? (Video)
- Watch Louis van Gaal bat away questions about Angel Di Maria at his latest Man United p...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic discusses Man United links & bad relationship with ...
- Louis van Gaal talks signing Cristiano Ronaldo for Man United, confirms he’ll qui...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi