Luke Shaw sits atop the list of the ten most expensive teenagers of all time [Video]
- July 1, 2014
When Manchester United completed the signing of Luke Shaw from Southampton, they made the left-back the most expensive teenager of all time.
Paying a transfer fee that will rise up to £31 million, Shaw’s move breaks the record PSG paid AS Roma for fellow defender Marquinhos.
In this list we see that United have a habit of paying large fees for teenagers, also featuring in moves for Wayne Rooney and Anderson, proving that success varies!
In fact, John Obi Mikel signed for Chelsea for £16m but part of that fee went to Man United because the Nigerian had agreed a deal initially with the Red Devils.
Chelsea also feature for the Romelu Lukaku deal, another relatively recent move with the club paying more than £18m for the big Belgian.
- Man United are still chasing Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale [Express]
- Man United hero Roy Keane claims Arsenal have a ‘selfie culture’ [Telegraph]
- Sergio Ramos favourites a tweet about Man United suggesting David De Gea is off to Real...
- No Nike players included in Manchester United’s Adidas kit launch
- Adidas accused of sexism over low neckline on Manchester United women’s shirt
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi