Lukas Podolski speaks to Bild about Bayern 2nd leg & Arsenal’s move for Julian Draxler
- March 11, 2014
Currently promoting his new book and as one of the most open professional footballers, it comes as little surprise that Lukas Podolski opened up to German tabloid Bild ahead of Arsenal’s second leg against Bayern Munich this evening.
Bild ask Podolski if Bayern Munich can be stopped, to which Podolski has come out with a battle cry of sorts…
Arsenal’s German forward said: “It won’t be easy, especially not after the 0-2 in the first leg. Bayern are currently arguably the best club team in the world.”
The former Bayern mad added: “But the first 15 minutes of the first leg have shown that they can be stopped. We need to leave everything on the pitch, go in with the right aggressiveness and hardness, and then take our chances.”
Podolski also opened up about Arsenal’s potential move for Julian Draxler.
The Schalke youngster was linked heavily with the Gunners during the January transfer window and there were even suggestions of a swap deal involving Podolski.
The Arsenal forward said: “Every top player is interesting for Arsenal, Draxler is definitely one of them. But what the leaders are doing, I can not say.”
Podolski continued: “A Podolski-Draxler, as has been described in some media, was never an issue. I have contact with Julian, he’s a good boy. But about a transfer to Arsenal we have not yet spoken.”
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]