- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Lukas Podolski speaks to Bild about Bayern 2nd leg & Arsenal’s move for Julian Draxler
Currently promoting his new book and as one of the most open professional footballers, it comes as little surprise that Lukas Podolski opened up to German tabloid Bild ahead of Arsenal’s second leg against Bayern Munich this evening.
Bild ask Podolski if Bayern Munich can be stopped, to which Podolski has come out with a battle cry of sorts…
Arsenal’s German forward said: “It won’t be easy, especially not after the 0-2 in the first leg. Bayern are currently arguably the best club team in the world.”
The former Bayern mad added: “But the first 15 minutes of the first leg have shown that they can be stopped. We need to leave everything on the pitch, go in with the right aggressiveness and hardness, and then take our chances.”
Podolski also opened up about Arsenal’s potential move for Julian Draxler.
The Schalke youngster was linked heavily with the Gunners during the January transfer window and there were even suggestions of a swap deal involving Podolski.
The Arsenal forward said: “Every top player is interesting for Arsenal, Draxler is definitely one of them. But what the leaders are doing, I can not say.”
Podolski continued: “A Podolski-Draxler, as has been described in some media, was never an issue. I have contact with Julian, he’s a good boy. But about a transfer to Arsenal we have not yet spoken.”
- Updated: March 11, 2014