- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Luka Modric made a one-handed diving save on the halfway-line during Getafe v Real Madrid. Nutjob
Former Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric made a brilliant one-handed save on Sunday night in Spain.
The Croatian international showed off his goalkeeping prowess by making a one-handed diving save to stop an attack on the halfway-line.
Modric was booked for his goal-tending, however the midfielder laughed off the incident as his intelligent foul brought Getafe’s potential attack to a decisive stop.
There are suggestions in the Spanish press that Modric picked up an intentional yellow card, his fifth of the season, to ensure he misses the next game against Elche and then be available for the clash with Atletico Madrid at the start of March.
Watch Luka Modric’s one-handed save below.
- Updated: February 17, 2014