- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Luka Modric made a one-handed diving save on the halfway-line during Getafe v Real Madrid. Nutjob
Former Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric made a brilliant one-handed save on Sunday night in Spain.
The Croatian international showed off his goalkeeping prowess by making a one-handed diving save to stop an attack on the halfway-line.
Modric was booked for his goal-tending, however the midfielder laughed off the incident as his intelligent foul brought Getafe’s potential attack to a decisive stop.
There are suggestions in the Spanish press that Modric picked up an intentional yellow card, his fifth of the season, to ensure he misses the next game against Elche and then be available for the clash with Atletico Madrid at the start of March.
Watch Luka Modric’s one-handed save below.
- Updated: February 17, 2014