Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona tried to sign Arsenal bound striker Lucas Perez [Graham Hunter Audio]August 26, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s brilliant response to Gerard Pique’s easy Champions League commentsAugust 26, 2016
- The Champions League group stage draw in full ft. Leicester and ArsenalAugust 25, 2016
- Barcelona pay tribute to new Man City keeper Claudio Bravo with highlights montage (video)August 25, 2016
- Luis Suarez bags a hat-trick as Barcelona crush Betis 6-2 (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Luis Suarez scores Barcelona team goal from Arda Turan assist v Sevilla (Videos)August 14, 2016
- Barcelona’s Leo Messi bags amazing overhead kick assist for Luis Suarez v Sampdoria (Video)August 10, 2016
- Liverpool old boy Luis Suarez laughs at Roberto Firmino’s hair (Video)August 7, 2016