- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
- Updated: August 14, 2014