Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona offer to help Chapecoense, invite them to play in Joan Gamper trophyDecember 8, 2016
- Bartomeu: Luis Suarez set for Barcelona contract extensionDecember 7, 2016
- Barcelona legend Xavi has still got it – Scores free-kick in Qatar (Video)December 7, 2016
- Taxi for Jordi Alba: Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic speaks 5 languages (Video)December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016