Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
- Alejandro Grimaldo hits out at Luis Enrique for neglecting Barcelona B team (Quotes)
- The next generation of Leo Messi: Barcelona’s Masia-academy’s top 5 weekend...
- Barcelona’s kids scored another set of magical goals last week (Video)
- Barcelona also want Liverpool target Pierre Emerick Aubameyang [El Mundo Deportivo]
- Players get ready to vote for their FIFPro World XI 2015 (video)
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- Luis Suarez jokingly tries to slap Sergi Roberto in Barcelona training (Video)
- Injured Leo Messi gets a ride to Barcelona training from neighbour Luis Suarez (Video)