Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
- August 14, 2014
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
- Chelsea v Barcelona: Watch a Live Stream of the pre-season friendly
- Thomas Vermaelen says injuries are behind him after ‘disappointing year’ (V...
- Neymar asks for his Dad to be left alone amid Barcelona transfer investigation (Video)
- Fail: US newspaper write up hilariously error-strewn report of Man United 3 – Bar...
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic calls Cristiano Ronaldo ‘good’ in a word association gam...
- Former Barcelona midfielder Ibrahim Afellay is having a medical at Stoke [Sky Sports]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi