Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- No Messi, No problem: Neymar at the double as Barcelona hit 5 at Sporting (Official video)September 25, 2016
- Awesome: Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan (Video)September 24, 2016
- Lionel Messi thanks Borussia Monchengladbach for get well message on FacebookSeptember 23, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar pranked Luis Suarez by handing him his used chewing gum (Video)September 20, 2016