Luis Suarez’s four month ban is upheld by CAS but he is now allowed to train with Barcelona
Luis Suarez has had his appeal to have his ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini reduced rejected but the striker is now allowed to train with his new teammates at Barcelona.
The striker appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to have his fourth month ban from football shortened but, despite being denied, there are positives to take away from the plea for both club and player.
Suarez had previously been banned from all football activity, including not being allowed to step a foot in any football stadium.
It prevented Barcelona from even unveiling their big-money signing in the Camp Nou, as is procedure, upon his arrival from Liverpool.
But now Luis Enrique will be able to get Suarez to build up an understanding with his teammates on the pitch after the small victory of being able to partake in training was achieved.
Watch Live Stream
- Gerard Pique fired shots at the Madrid media outlets in Barcelona’s double celebrationsMay 24th, 2016
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Watch Andres Iniesta’s spellbinding performance v Sevilla set to Beethoven (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Luis Suarez called his wife from Barça bench after breaking down in tears following injury (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Luis Suarez credits Brendan Rodgers with developing him into the Barcelona Pichichi he is todayMay 20th, 2016
- Awesome: Luis Suarez, Paul Pogba and Mesut Ozil star in new adidas ad (Video)May 20th, 2016
- ‘I didn’t have bus fare to go training’ : Luis Suarez talks about his humble be...May 19th, 2016