Luis Suarez will be presented as Barcelona player on Monday before Gamper Trophy [Sport]
- August 14, 2014
Even if Luis Suarez’s ban from playing was upheld, the Uruguayan still got a result overall following his appeal.
He’s now allowed train with his teammates, which he’ll start from tomorrow, and will also be granted an official presentation at the Camp Nou, an act that wasn’t allowed under the original ban, as it involved setting foot inside a stadium.
But FIFA have made an exceptional allowance in order for Suarez to be presented in front of the Barcelona public, which the Catalan club have decided to do on Monday, before the Gamper Tournament against Club Leon.
It won’t be a full on presentation, with keepy-ups around the pitch and the like, due to time constraints – but Suarez will be announced and unveiled on the night, and could then even feature in the game itself, as he’s allowed play in friendlies.
On Tuesday, Suarez will have the obligatory photo session out on the Camp Nou pitch, and have his first press conference in front of the Spanish media.
- Pedro’s mother says her son is leaving Barcelona, moving to England [Cadena Ser A...
- Back to business: Barcelona’s deadly MSN trio are reunited in training (Video)
- Barcelona president Jose Maria Bartomeu ‘does not foresee’ Pedro departure
- Barcelona fan cries hysterically as Pedro refuses to deny Man United links (Video)
- Messi returns to Barcelona training a week early along with Neymar (Video)
- Liverpool represantives in Barcelona to tie up loan deal for Adama Traore [RAC 1]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi