Luis Suarez will be presented as Barcelona player on Monday before Gamper Trophy [Sport]
Even if Luis Suarez’s ban from playing was upheld, the Uruguayan still got a result overall following his appeal.
He’s now allowed train with his teammates, which he’ll start from tomorrow, and will also be granted an official presentation at the Camp Nou, an act that wasn’t allowed under the original ban, as it involved setting foot inside a stadium.
But FIFA have made an exceptional allowance in order for Suarez to be presented in front of the Barcelona public, which the Catalan club have decided to do on Monday, before the Gamper Tournament against Club Leon.
It won’t be a full on presentation, with keepy-ups around the pitch and the like, due to time constraints – but Suarez will be announced and unveiled on the night, and could then even feature in the game itself, as he’s allowed play in friendlies.
On Tuesday, Suarez will have the obligatory photo session out on the Camp Nou pitch, and have his first press conference in front of the Spanish media.
Watch Live Stream
- Rumour: Former Spurs & Barcelona forward Giovani dos Santos is being blackmailed over a sex tapeSeptember 26, 2016
- The story behind Neymar’s gift to a disabled Sporting Gijon fan [Mundo Deportivo]September 26, 2016
- Looks like Neymar is back together with ex girlfriend Bruna MarquezineSeptember 26, 2016
- Barcelona legend Andoni Zubizarreta loses a La Liga goalie record to Valencia’s Diego AlvesSeptember 25, 2016
- Santa Teresa invite Barcelona’s Luis Suarez to their next game after ‘sexist’ comments to Filipe LuisSeptember 23, 2016
- Luis Suarez left the boot in on Filipe Luiz, accused him of diving and called him a clown (Video)September 22, 2016
- Chelsea old boy Filipe Luis calls out Barcelona’s Luis Suarez on Instagram for a nasty foulSeptember 22, 2016
- Barcelona’s Neymar pranked Luis Suarez by handing him his used chewing gum (Video)September 20, 2016