Luis Suarez will be presented as Barcelona player on Monday before Gamper Trophy [Sport]
Even if Luis Suarez’s ban from playing was upheld, the Uruguayan still got a result overall following his appeal.
He’s now allowed train with his teammates, which he’ll start from tomorrow, and will also be granted an official presentation at the Camp Nou, an act that wasn’t allowed under the original ban, as it involved setting foot inside a stadium.
But FIFA have made an exceptional allowance in order for Suarez to be presented in front of the Barcelona public, which the Catalan club have decided to do on Monday, before the Gamper Tournament against Club Leon.
It won’t be a full on presentation, with keepy-ups around the pitch and the like, due to time constraints – but Suarez will be announced and unveiled on the night, and could then even feature in the game itself, as he’s allowed play in friendlies.
On Tuesday, Suarez will have the obligatory photo session out on the Camp Nou pitch, and have his first press conference in front of the Spanish media.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1: Sergio Ramos scores late in El Clasico (Official highlights)December 4, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal apologises for swearing at Barcelona fansDecember 3, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016
- Pilar Rubio celebrates Sergio Ramos goal for Real Madrid at Barcelona on InstagramDecember 3, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016
- Uruguayans claim Luis Suarez didn’t swear at Chile fans, but he did troll themNovember 17, 2016
- Arsenal warrior Alexis Sanchez lost his temper with the dugout after a Luis Suarez fall (Official Video)November 17, 2016