Luis Suarez will be presented as Barcelona player on Monday before Gamper Trophy [Sport]
- August 14, 2014
Even if Luis Suarez’s ban from playing was upheld, the Uruguayan still got a result overall following his appeal.
He’s now allowed train with his teammates, which he’ll start from tomorrow, and will also be granted an official presentation at the Camp Nou, an act that wasn’t allowed under the original ban, as it involved setting foot inside a stadium.
But FIFA have made an exceptional allowance in order for Suarez to be presented in front of the Barcelona public, which the Catalan club have decided to do on Monday, before the Gamper Tournament against Club Leon.
It won’t be a full on presentation, with keepy-ups around the pitch and the like, due to time constraints – but Suarez will be announced and unveiled on the night, and could then even feature in the game itself, as he’s allowed play in friendlies.
On Tuesday, Suarez will have the obligatory photo session out on the Camp Nou pitch, and have his first press conference in front of the Spanish media.
- Anthony Martial’s move to Man United to be 5th biggest transfer fee of all time [...
- Done Deal: West Ham re-sign Barcelona’s Alex Song on a season long loan [Tweet]
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...