Luis Suarez hasn’t moved from Liverpool to Barca as everyone waits for FIFA appeal conclusion [Telegraph]
- July 10, 2014
So why hasn’t Luis Suarez moved from Liverpool to FC Barcelona yet?
That issue is tackled by the Telegraph on Thursday morning, as they report that the Uruguayan’s transfer from Anfield to the Camp Nou is being held up by the outcome of Suarez’s appeal against his FIFA ban.
Luis Suarez is edging towards a £75 million move to Barcelona as Liverpool step up their own transfer activity by considering a £10 million bid for Swansea City’s Ben Davies.
Suarez’s exit from Anfield could be sealed in the next 48 hours after the two clubs agreed the final details on the deal, with the transfer held up while Fifa arranges a date for the appeal against the Uruguay striker’s four-month ban.
The Telegraph go on to pay lip service to the other transfer swirling around Anfield at present, noting that both 19-year-old Belgium striker Divock Origi and 20-year-old Serbian midfielder Lazar Markovic are also both set to move to Liverpool imminently.
Overall, it looks like being a few very busy for Liverpool.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...