Luis Suarez hasn’t moved from Liverpool to Barca as everyone waits for FIFA appeal conclusion [Telegraph]
- July 10, 2014
So why hasn’t Luis Suarez moved from Liverpool to FC Barcelona yet?
That issue is tackled by the Telegraph on Thursday morning, as they report that the Uruguayan’s transfer from Anfield to the Camp Nou is being held up by the outcome of Suarez’s appeal against his FIFA ban.
Luis Suarez is edging towards a £75 million move to Barcelona as Liverpool step up their own transfer activity by considering a £10 million bid for Swansea City’s Ben Davies.
Suarez’s exit from Anfield could be sealed in the next 48 hours after the two clubs agreed the final details on the deal, with the transfer held up while Fifa arranges a date for the appeal against the Uruguay striker’s four-month ban.
The Telegraph go on to pay lip service to the other transfer swirling around Anfield at present, noting that both 19-year-old Belgium striker Divock Origi and 20-year-old Serbian midfielder Lazar Markovic are also both set to move to Liverpool imminently.
Overall, it looks like being a few very busy for Liverpool.
- Three Barcelona players made the Copa America Team of the Tournament [Graphic]
- La Liga legend David Villa scores two golazos in 2-1 NYC FC win v Montreal [Official Vi...
- Watch Leo Messi’s reactions throughout Argentina’s miserable shoot-out v Ch...
- The saddest selfie: Chile mascot bags picture with Leo Messi after Argentina defeat [vi...
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez & Leo Messi shared warm embrace before Copa America...
- Brendan Rodgers wants Barça’s Pedro to replace Raheem Sterling at Liverpool [SPORT]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi