Luis Suarez hasn’t moved from Liverpool to Barca as everyone waits for FIFA appeal conclusion [Telegraph]
So why hasn’t Luis Suarez moved from Liverpool to FC Barcelona yet?
That issue is tackled by the Telegraph on Thursday morning, as they report that the Uruguayan’s transfer from Anfield to the Camp Nou is being held up by the outcome of Suarez’s appeal against his FIFA ban.
Luis Suarez is edging towards a £75 million move to Barcelona as Liverpool step up their own transfer activity by considering a £10 million bid for Swansea City’s Ben Davies.
Suarez’s exit from Anfield could be sealed in the next 48 hours after the two clubs agreed the final details on the deal, with the transfer held up while Fifa arranges a date for the appeal against the Uruguay striker’s four-month ban.
The Telegraph go on to pay lip service to the other transfer swirling around Anfield at present, noting that both 19-year-old Belgium striker Divock Origi and 20-year-old Serbian midfielder Lazar Markovic are also both set to move to Liverpool imminently.
Overall, it looks like being a few very busy for Liverpool.
- Jurgen Klopp joked about boss tha in pre Liverpool v Bordeaux presser (Video)
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists Daniel Sturridge is ‘closer’ to return (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- 442oons: Jurgen Klopp goes heavy metal after Man City 1-4 Liverpool (video)
- Is Barcelona’s MSN the greatest strike force ever? Many people believe so [Tweets]
- Luis Suarez’s exquisite volley for Barcelona v Roma (Official Video)
- Unreal fan cam footage of Luis Suarez’s magical volley for Barcelona v Roma (Instagram Video)
- Steven Gerrard says Luis Suarez has reached another level at Barcelona (Video)