Luis Suarez hasn’t moved from Liverpool to Barca as everyone waits for FIFA appeal conclusion [Telegraph]
- July 10, 2014
So why hasn’t Luis Suarez moved from Liverpool to FC Barcelona yet?
That issue is tackled by the Telegraph on Thursday morning, as they report that the Uruguayan’s transfer from Anfield to the Camp Nou is being held up by the outcome of Suarez’s appeal against his FIFA ban.
Luis Suarez is edging towards a £75 million move to Barcelona as Liverpool step up their own transfer activity by considering a £10 million bid for Swansea City’s Ben Davies.
Suarez’s exit from Anfield could be sealed in the next 48 hours after the two clubs agreed the final details on the deal, with the transfer held up while Fifa arranges a date for the appeal against the Uruguay striker’s four-month ban.
The Telegraph go on to pay lip service to the other transfer swirling around Anfield at present, noting that both 19-year-old Belgium striker Divock Origi and 20-year-old Serbian midfielder Lazar Markovic are also both set to move to Liverpool imminently.
Overall, it looks like being a few very busy for Liverpool.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...