Luis Suarez scores first goal since Liverpool 2 – Chelsea 2 in April, for Uruguay v France
- June 6, 2013
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez scored his first goal since that infamous match against Liverpool in April, and promptly claimed the match winner for Uruguay against France on Wednesday evening.
Suarez, who appears set to leave Liverpool this summer, came on at half-time for Diego Forlan and scored the winner on 50 minutes.
Not for the first time, Luis Suarez found a fine finish from a tight angle, after the Liverpool forward was played in down the inside right channel by Maximiliano Pereira.
Linked with a move to Real Madrid, and currently undergoing a 10-match Premier League ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, Suarez has a busy month coming up for Uruguay with a World Cup qualifier against Venezuela next week followed by participation in the Confederations Cup.
For Uruguay and Liverpool, Suarez has now scored seven goals in his last 10 games.
Watch Luis Suarez’s goal together with a video of his individual highlights against France below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...