- Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo DID in fact shake Michel Platini’s hand [Pic & Video]
- Newcastle v Sunderland [Team Sheets]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez flicked Daniele De Rossi’s balls during 0-0 draw with Roma [GIF]
- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
Luis Suarez scores first goal since Liverpool 2 – Chelsea 2 in April, for Uruguay v France
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez scored his first goal since that infamous match against Liverpool in April, and promptly claimed the match winner for Uruguay against France on Wednesday evening.
Suarez, who appears set to leave Liverpool this summer, came on at half-time for Diego Forlan and scored the winner on 50 minutes.
Not for the first time, Luis Suarez found a fine finish from a tight angle, after the Liverpool forward was played in down the inside right channel by Maximiliano Pereira.
Linked with a move to Real Madrid, and currently undergoing a 10-match Premier League ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, Suarez has a busy month coming up for Uruguay with a World Cup qualifier against Venezuela next week followed by participation in the Confederations Cup.
For Uruguay and Liverpool, Suarez has now scored seven goals in his last 10 games.
Watch Luis Suarez’s goal together with a video of his individual highlights against France below.
- Updated: June 6, 2013