Luis Suarez scores first goal since Liverpool 2 – Chelsea 2 in April, for Uruguay v France
- June 6, 2013
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez scored his first goal since that infamous match against Liverpool in April, and promptly claimed the match winner for Uruguay against France on Wednesday evening.
Suarez, who appears set to leave Liverpool this summer, came on at half-time for Diego Forlan and scored the winner on 50 minutes.
Not for the first time, Luis Suarez found a fine finish from a tight angle, after the Liverpool forward was played in down the inside right channel by Maximiliano Pereira.
Linked with a move to Real Madrid, and currently undergoing a 10-match Premier League ban for biting Branislav Ivanovic, Suarez has a busy month coming up for Uruguay with a World Cup qualifier against Venezuela next week followed by participation in the Confederations Cup.
For Uruguay and Liverpool, Suarez has now scored seven goals in his last 10 games.
Watch Luis Suarez’s goal together with a video of his individual highlights against France below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi