Luis Suarez removed from Liverpool’s kit promotion poster at Anfield
— Rob Harris (@RobHarris) August 10, 2014
There was much surprise ahead of Liverpool’s 4-0 pre-season friendly win over Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, that there was still a very visible reminder of Luis Suarez at Anfield.
The Uruguayan striker, long since left for Barcelona in one of the summer’s biggest moves, was featured on the Liverpool kit promotion banner alongside Steven Gerrard and Phil Coutinho.
Since there was a fair amount of debate online over how Liverpool could have left Luis Suarez adorning their stadium, the Premier League side have got to work on Monday.
As the Twitter user notes below, Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling are favourites to replace Luis Suarez…
Adios Luisito! I hope Sturridge/Sterling replace him there……….. pic.twitter.com/2WQFi1hYwu
— Kop End (@kopitetilldeath) August 11, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- It’s not certain Liverpool will lose Joel Matip in JanuaryDecember 8, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Steven Gerrard reveals how Luis Suarez hooked him up for El ClasicoDecember 4, 2016
- Luis Suarez’s goal for Barcelona v Real Madrid shouldn’t have been allowedDecember 3, 2016
- Ex Liverpool striker Luis Suarez pens long and emotional Steven Gerrard tributeNovember 24, 2016