Luis Suarez kicked & clotheslined Branislav Ivanovic in May 2012
- April 22, 2013
As the Luis Suarez biting Branislav Ivanovic madness settles into the public consciousness, plenty are mentioning a previous time the Uruguayan and the Serb went at it on the Anfield turf.
We don’t have to go far back for the last time Luis Suarez physically abused Branislav Ivanovic, in fact it was the last time Chelsea played at Anfield.
On May 8, 2012, Chelsea were soundly beaten 4-1 at Anfield and Suarez put himself about with a kick and clothesline on Ivanovic that caused a few headlines in the aftermath of the match.
The video below contains both incidents from last season’s game.
In many ways it is a surprise that Ivanovic was so forgiving to Suarez in the aftermath of the bite incident, although the Serbian defender undoubtedly knows how to put himself about on a football pitch…
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...