Luis Suarez kicked & clotheslined Branislav Ivanovic in May 2012
- April 22, 2013
As the Luis Suarez biting Branislav Ivanovic madness settles into the public consciousness, plenty are mentioning a previous time the Uruguayan and the Serb went at it on the Anfield turf.
We don’t have to go far back for the last time Luis Suarez physically abused Branislav Ivanovic, in fact it was the last time Chelsea played at Anfield.
On May 8, 2012, Chelsea were soundly beaten 4-1 at Anfield and Suarez put himself about with a kick and clothesline on Ivanovic that caused a few headlines in the aftermath of the match.
The video below contains both incidents from last season’s game.
In many ways it is a surprise that Ivanovic was so forgiving to Suarez in the aftermath of the bite incident, although the Serbian defender undoubtedly knows how to put himself about on a football pitch…
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi