Luis Suarez kicked & clotheslined Branislav Ivanovic in May 2012
- April 22, 2013
As the Luis Suarez biting Branislav Ivanovic madness settles into the public consciousness, plenty are mentioning a previous time the Uruguayan and the Serb went at it on the Anfield turf.
We don’t have to go far back for the last time Luis Suarez physically abused Branislav Ivanovic, in fact it was the last time Chelsea played at Anfield.
On May 8, 2012, Chelsea were soundly beaten 4-1 at Anfield and Suarez put himself about with a kick and clothesline on Ivanovic that caused a few headlines in the aftermath of the match.
The video below contains both incidents from last season’s game.
In many ways it is a surprise that Ivanovic was so forgiving to Suarez in the aftermath of the bite incident, although the Serbian defender undoubtedly knows how to put himself about on a football pitch…
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...