- DONE DEAL! Atletico Madrid announce the signing of Fernando Torres [Tweets]
- Exclusive Offer! Back Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling to score anytime v Swansea at 5/1!!!
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic tipped to leave PSG to finish his career at AS Roma [Aftonbladet]
- The next stops on Martin Ødegaard’s European tour are Manchesters United & City [VG]
- Chelsea had got of four yellows for simulation, double than any other EPL club this season [Graphic]
Luis Suarez is determined to leave Liverpool & hopes to join Real Madrid [Guillem Balague, AS]
Liverpool fans may well begin to worry about losing talisman Luis Suarez if a report today penned by Guillem Balague in AS has any credence.
According to Balague, Luis Suarez is “determined” to leave Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers is reportedly already scouting for a replacement for the Uruguayan striker.
Suarez wants to leave Liverpool to win titles and compete in the Champions League. The former Ajax forward is comfortable in England but there are suggestions his life not ideal in Merseyside, due to language issues.
When questioned yesterday whilst on international duty with Uruguay, Suarez remained tight lipped, but Balague seems pretty certain Suarez is looking to leave this summer.
The likes of Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid are the La Liga clubs tipped to make a move for Suarez. Whilst Balague even suggests Premier League sides Manchester City and Chelsea are also interested should they fail to sign their first target, Napoli striker Edinson Cavani.
Suarez’s first choice is to join Real Madrid but is open on signing for Atletico Madrid, who are now searching to replace Radamel Falcao who officially signed for Monaco yesterday.
The Uruguayan hitman has a contract until 2016 at Anfield, with his release clause believed to be around 35 million euros.
Brendan Rodgers will be allowed to invest all the money received for Suarez on a new striker and is already looking for a replacement, according to the report in AS.
Luis Suarez scored 23 Premier League goals last season but is currently in the midst of a 10 game ban due to his bite on Branislav Ivanovic.
- Updated: May 29, 2013