- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Suarez is a big loss but Liverpool have an improved squad for the new season [ESPN Preview]
Liverpool appear to have reinvested the Luis Suarez money wisely to create an improved all-round squad but it’s the absence of the previously mentioned menace that may expose the team to be less than the sum of their parts.
As much trouble as Suarez was, when he wasn’t biting or racially abusing people, he was quite an asset to the team; his goals almost firing them to a first title in 24 years.
He was also the undisputed star of the team. Now the question is: who will step up to the plate in his absence?
That’s the question ESPN’s panel asked when they were previewing Liverpool’s prospects this season.
- Updated: August 15, 2014