Luis Suarez didn’t say he wants to stay at Liverpool; Arsenal to lodge £49m bid [Telegraph]
- August 14, 2013
This is getting ridiculous.
Some of the most respected newspapers in the UK are tying themselves in knots trying to keep up with the Luis Suarez transfer saga.
Despite Rickie Lambert’s heroics on his England debut, Suarez is still on the back pages of many of Thursday’s newspapers and there is plenty of confusion surrounding the Uruguayan.
Did Luiz Suarez tell Uruguayan newspaper El Oberservador that he wants to stay at Liverpool due to the “affection of the people”??
Well, the Daily Telegraph are not convinced and journo Jeremy Wilson suggests Arsenal will lodge a final bid of 49 million pounds to bag Suarez.
This would be Arsenal’s third offer of the summer for Suarez and it could get rather ugly with Liverpool in the coming days, if this Daily Telegraph report is true.
The crucial parts of Jeremy Wilson’s article are below, followed by the back pages of the Daily Telegraph and Guardian below – suggesting Luis Suarez’s future is far from clear.
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 to win Community Shield (Official Highlights)
- Watch Petr Cech’s individual highlights for Arsenal v Chelsea in the Community Sh...
- Here’s the lucky lad who got Jose Mourinho’s medal after Arsenal beat Chels...
- Arsenal’s Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain sets himself goals target this season (Video)
- Francis Coquelin celebrated The Ox’s goal v Chelsea with manic relish (Vine)
- Wenger plays dumb over Mourinho snub, talks about managers respecting each other…...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi