Luis Suarez didn’t say he wants to stay at Liverpool; Arsenal to lodge £49m bid [Telegraph]
This is getting ridiculous.
Some of the most respected newspapers in the UK are tying themselves in knots trying to keep up with the Luis Suarez transfer saga.
Despite Rickie Lambert’s heroics on his England debut, Suarez is still on the back pages of many of Thursday’s newspapers and there is plenty of confusion surrounding the Uruguayan.
Did Luiz Suarez tell Uruguayan newspaper El Oberservador that he wants to stay at Liverpool due to the “affection of the people”??
Well, the Daily Telegraph are not convinced and journo Jeremy Wilson suggests Arsenal will lodge a final bid of 49 million pounds to bag Suarez.
This would be Arsenal’s third offer of the summer for Suarez and it could get rather ugly with Liverpool in the coming days, if this Daily Telegraph report is true.
The crucial parts of Jeremy Wilson’s article are below, followed by the back pages of the Daily Telegraph and Guardian below – suggesting Luis Suarez’s future is far from clear.
- Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez scores again, for Chile in 2-0 win over Brazil (official...
- The Premier League team of the season so far
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...
- Arsenal loanee Wellington Silva wears a GoPro on his head, records Bolton training (Video)
- Kenny Dalglish tells Liverpool fans to ‘fasten their seatbelts’ for the Jur...
- The Twitter response to Jurgen Klopp’s appointment was record-breaking (Graphic)
- Jurgen Klopp arrives in Liverpool in Matze Knop’s wonderfully eccentric skit (Video)
- Arsene Wenger criticizes Liverpool for ‘irrational’ sacking of Brendan Rodgers
- Kyriakos Papadopoulos mocked Luis Suarez for being a biter during Barca’s win v L...
- Luis Suarez jokingly tries to slap Sergi Roberto in Barcelona training (Video)
- Injured Leo Messi gets a ride to Barcelona training from neighbour Luis Suarez (Video)
- Luis Suarez bags a brace as Barcelona beat Las Palmas 2-1 (official video)