- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
Luis Suarez specials: 4/5 over 7 games Liverpool ban, 11/4 he’ll miss less than 5 matches
- April 22, 2013
Every since Luis Suarez sunk his teeth into Branislav Ivanovic’s arm on Sunday, speculation has been rife over what punishment will be dished out to the Liverpool striker.
With the matter now in the FA’s hands, many are expecting that the Liverpool attacker will be slapped with a long term ban that could end the Uruguayan’s season prematurely.
But will the FA punish Suarez so harshly?
Whilst it is true that Suarez was previously banned for 7 games back in his Ajax playing days, it is also true that Jermain Defoe got off scott-free after the Tottenham forward bit Javier Mascherano back in 2006.
You can now bet on Luis Suarez’s punishment with Winner.com.
Odds of 4/5 are available for those who predict Suarez with receive over a 7-game ban, while its 23/10 for a 5-7 game ban, and 11/4 for anyone who thinks Suarez will get off lightly with less than a 5-game ban.
Anyone who believes Suarez will get away without any sort of punishment can back massive odds of 14/1, while its 7/2 for Suarez to play again for Liverpool this season.
As to Suarez’s long-term Anfield future, it’s 1/2 that the striker will remain on Merseyside while it’s 6/4 that Liverpool will sell their star player in the summer transfer market.