- Ronaldinho reproduces awesome ‘Shark Attack’ move in hardcore game of Foot-Volley
- Liverpool fan post-Ludogorets: ‘Steven Gerrard showed he can still do it, he was superb’ [Video]
- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
Luis Figo scores wonder goal in Real Madrid v Manchester United legends match
A host of former stars turned out at the Bernabeu on Sunday evening for the third annual Corazon Classic Match between Real Madrid and Manchester United legends.
The Bernabeu Stadium hosted over 60,000 supporters who came to watch a match in aid of Real Madrid Foundation’s academies in Africa.
Los Blancos featured Roberto Carlos, Fernando Hierro, Zinedine Zidane, Fernando Redondo, Bodo Ilgner, Fernando Morientes and Luis Figo.
Whilst Manchester United included Edwin van der Sar, Denis Irwin, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham with Bryan Robson on the bench and Bobby Charlton in the stands.
The match didn’t disappoint, as Real Madrid ran out 3-2 winners with Morientes, Sharpe (who rolled out his famous corner flag celebration), Figo, Redondo and Sheringham on the scoresheet.
And Fabirce Muamba was a special guest to watch the stars of yesterday strut their stuff.
But the undoubted highlight was Luis Figo scoring a wonder goal to make it 2-1, to prove the Portuguese forward has “still got it”…
- Updated: June 3, 2012