- Neymar gave fans his entire football kit, leaving him standing in his boxers! [Video]
- Brilliant! Robinho pretends to be injured so that Neymar can drive cart around the pitch [Video]
- Angel Di Maria is asking Louis van Gaal to bring Nicolas Gaitan to Manchester United [Express]
- Roberto Carlos and Elano set up Ibson for fantastic futsal-esque goal in charity game [Video]
- Neymar pulls off ridiculously cheeky sombrero flick over opponent [Video]
Luis Alberto to undergo Liverpool medical today, very excited by new challenge [Dario de Sevilla]
Liverpool look set to announce another signing today: Spanish attacking midfielder Luis Alberto from Sevilla.
Alberto, who was on loan at Barcelona B last season, travelled yesterday to Liverpool having been called back from his post-season holiday.
The 20-year-old stayed in Liverpool last night where he was welcomed by senior executives of the Premier League side.
Luis Alberto told Dario de Sevilla: “I am excited, I go to a club like Liverpool, a new culture, a new language, I have to adapt quickly, but I’m really looking forward to this great step.”
The attacking midfielder/forward added: “There are many Spaniards in England doing quite well. Seeing they are succeeding there, excites me.”
Finally, Luis Alberto told Dario de Sevilla that he was disappointed not to be given more of a chance at Sevilla, where he came through the ranks but moving to Liverpool is “a very important step. A difficult and important decision I have made.”
- Updated: June 21, 2013