Lovely story about Ashley Cole helping leukamia sufferer, showing real side of Chelsea defender
Ashley Cole doesn’t have the greatest public image, to put it mildly.
But as in most cases, behavior on the pitch, and indeed some mistakes off it, are not the real indicators of players’ true personalities.
Cole’s known to be involved with various philanthropic causes, and as the message below shows (the sender presumably decided to make it public), Cole is a truly good egg.
The Chelsea defender responded to a fan’s call and met with the fan’s father, who is suffering with leukemia.
As the message shows, Cole went out of his way to make the man’s day, and may even have provided a much-needed boost in his fight against the disease.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United’s DJ Ashley Young reveals clash of music tastes with David De GeaApril 27th, 2016
- Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner reveals memories of Ashley Young’s goal still ‘romanti...April 22nd, 2016
- LVG, what are you doing? Man United play Ashley Young up front v Tottenham [Tweets]April 10th, 2016
- Ashley Young and Man United stars help give young fans Dream Day (Video)March 11th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek bags superb brace in 4-0 England U21 win (Official Highlights)May 26th, 2016
- Hilarious: Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku gets brilliantly pranked in Belgium training (Video)May 26th, 2016
- Ex Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wants to bring £60m rated Willian to Man United [Sun]May 25th, 2016
- Man United to pay Chelsea millions for Jose Mourinho’s image rights; Contract agreed [Guard...May 25th, 2016