Lovely story about Ashley Cole helping leukamia sufferer, showing real side of Chelsea defender
Ashley Cole doesn’t have the greatest public image, to put it mildly.
But as in most cases, behavior on the pitch, and indeed some mistakes off it, are not the real indicators of players’ true personalities.
Cole’s known to be involved with various philanthropic causes, and as the message below shows (the sender presumably decided to make it public), Cole is a truly good egg.
The Chelsea defender responded to a fan’s call and met with the fan’s father, who is suffering with leukemia.
As the message shows, Cole went out of his way to make the man’s day, and may even have provided a much-needed boost in his fight against the disease.
Watch Live Stream
- Man United’s 2016-17 home kit leaked in Hong Kong Adidas store pre-official launchJuly 14, 2016
- Manchester United’s DJ Ashley Young reveals clash of music tastes with David De GeaApril 27, 2016
- Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner reveals memories of Ashley Young’s goal still ‘romantically nourishes’ himApril 22, 2016
- LVG, what are you doing? Man United play Ashley Young up front v Tottenham [Tweets]April 10, 2016
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte wants to sign Burnley star Michael Keane this January [Mirror]September 27, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- AC Milan prepare a big money move for a Chelsea midfielder [CalcioMercatoWeb]September 27, 2016
- Roman Abramovich gives Chelsea’s Antonio Conte the dreaded vote of confidence [Times]September 27, 2016