Lovely story about Ashley Cole helping leukamia sufferer, showing real side of Chelsea defender
- May 8, 2014
Ashley Cole doesn’t have the greatest public image, to put it mildly.
But as in most cases, behavior on the pitch, and indeed some mistakes off it, are not the real indicators of players’ true personalities.
Cole’s known to be involved with various philanthropic causes, and as the message below shows (the sender presumably decided to make it public), Cole is a truly good egg.
The Chelsea defender responded to a fan’s call and met with the fan’s father, who is suffering with leukemia.
As the message shows, Cole went out of his way to make the man’s day, and may even have provided a much-needed boost in his fight against the disease.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...