Lovely story about Ashley Cole helping leukamia sufferer, showing real side of Chelsea defender
- May 8, 2014
Ashley Cole doesn’t have the greatest public image, to put it mildly.
But as in most cases, behavior on the pitch, and indeed some mistakes off it, are not the real indicators of players’ true personalities.
Cole’s known to be involved with various philanthropic causes, and as the message below shows (the sender presumably decided to make it public), Cole is a truly good egg.
The Chelsea defender responded to a fan’s call and met with the fan’s father, who is suffering with leukemia.
As the message shows, Cole went out of his way to make the man’s day, and may even have provided a much-needed boost in his fight against the disease.
- Man United’s Ashley Young marries Nicky Pike [Pictures]
- Man United fan poses wearing new 15/16 Adidas home strip [Instagram picture]
- Ashley Young models Manchester United’s new Adidas kit in leaked picture
- Man United star Ashley Young posts Radamel Falcao tribute on Instagram
- Ashley Young posts ‘brilliant’ video of Man United fans singing favourite s...
- Fellaini & Young hailed as Man United win 2-1 at Crystal Palace [Best Tweets]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi