Lovely story about Ashley Cole helping leukamia sufferer, showing real side of Chelsea defender
Ashley Cole doesn’t have the greatest public image, to put it mildly.
But as in most cases, behavior on the pitch, and indeed some mistakes off it, are not the real indicators of players’ true personalities.
Cole’s known to be involved with various philanthropic causes, and as the message below shows (the sender presumably decided to make it public), Cole is a truly good egg.
The Chelsea defender responded to a fan’s call and met with the fan’s father, who is suffering with leukemia.
As the message shows, Cole went out of his way to make the man’s day, and may even have provided a much-needed boost in his fight against the disease.
Watch Live Stream
- Manchester United’s Ashley Young makes fun of Eric Bailly’s dodgy footwear (Video)October 22, 2016
- Man United’s 2016-17 home kit leaked in Hong Kong Adidas store pre-official launchJuly 14, 2016
- Manchester United’s DJ Ashley Young reveals clash of music tastes with David De GeaApril 27, 2016
- Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner reveals memories of Ashley Young’s goal still ‘romantically nourishes’ himApril 22, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Jose Mourinho refuses to comment on referee’s decision not to send David Luiz off (Video)October 23, 2016
- Chelsea’s Twitter account trolls Manchester United’s Paul Pogba [Tweet]October 23, 2016