- Rafael and David De Gea post on Instagram after Man United’s 0-0 draw at Spurs
- Cesc Fabregas’ 13 assists equals last seasons PL record [Graphic]
- Man United fan Adam McKola: Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris was like David De Gea today [Video]
- Owen Hargreaves: Man Utd need defensive reinforcements in January [Video]
- Scottish pundit Alan McInally accidentally swore live on Sky Sports News [Vine]
Louis van Gaal will be confirmed as the new Man United manager next Wednesday [Daily Mail]
Here comes the lame pun.
According to Friday’s Daily Mail, “It’s Van United – but will Giggs & Co stay under new boss Louis?”
Tucked in behind the headline, Dominic King and Matt Lawton club together to announce the following:
Louis van Gaal is set to be confirmed as Manchester United’s manager on Wednesday and will bring his extensive Dutch backroom staff with him to Old Trafford.
The 62-year-old will be joined at United by former Holland striker Patrick Kluivert, goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek, fitness coach Jos van Dijk and analyst Max Reekers.
However, their arrival means the club’s famous Class of 92 face uncertain futures. The roles for interim manager Ryan Giggs and coaches Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and Phil Neville are up in the air, and they may be forced to take on junior roles or – in the worst-case scenario – move on altogether.
- Updated: May 2, 2014