Liverpool legend Dirk Kuyt linked to Man United because he works hard is the dumbest summer transfer story
Rob Shepherd, the Mail on Sunday’s writer who ever weekend seems to defecate nonsense transfer stories in the pseudo-tabloid, has this weekend posted a doozy about Dirk Kuyt moving to Man United.
In an article which is unlikely to happen, but will surely annoying LIverpool fans a lot, the Mail claim that Louis van Gaal wants to bring Liverpool legend Dirk Kuyt to Old Trafford because he works hard.
The fact that Kuyt is 33 appears to be no barrier for the deal happening.
The article is threadbare on any tangible pieces of evidence supporting the story, except the faith readers are suppose to give Shepherd for scribbling:
Louis van Gaal is considering a stunning move to bring former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt to Manchester United.
The 33-year-old attacking workhorse has been playing for Fenerbache since leaving Anfield in 2012.
Van Gaal loves Kuyt’s work ethic and he has been a low-key but high-end performer for Holland.
Interestingly, Dirk Kuyt is such a favourite of van Gaal’s that he has only played in one match at the World Cup; the 2-0 win over Chile, in which the Dutch had already qualified.
Below are a series of tweets bashing the stupid-seeming story.
— Teecus (@Teecus90) June 28, 2014
— Sport Witness (@Sport_Witness) June 28, 2014
If we sign Dirk Kuyt please tell my family I love them very much……….
— Matagawa (@Mark_Champ19ns) June 28, 2014
Dirk Kuyt to Man.U is the best rumour of the summer so far.
— Eathen.. (@hunter_troll) June 28, 2014
That Kuyt story was too funny to leave out haha
— Viktor Fagerström (@ViktorFagerLFC) June 28, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt reacts to his win over Manchester United [Instagram]September 15, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt scammed for €200k over a diamond by a butler [De Telegraaf]June 16, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Dirk Kuyt wins the Eredivisie Player of the Year (Video)May 15, 2016
- Alexandre Pato & Dirk Kuyt among list of strikers Barcelona are considering for January [Sport]October 30, 2015
- Bournemouth v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 3, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes it clear Sturridge will remain at club [Mirror]December 2, 2016
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan claims life under Jurgen Klopp was a ‘disaster’December 2, 2016
- Arsenal now ahead of Liverpool in the race for Welsh wonderkid AmpaduDecember 2, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho set to be the focus of a tax fraud investigationDecember 3, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne hits the crossbar from five yards out against Chelsea (Video)December 3, 2016
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Anthony Martial calls his performance vs West Ham a ‘confidence boost’ (Video)December 3, 2016