Liverpool legend Dirk Kuyt linked to Man United because he works hard is the dumbest summer transfer story
Rob Shepherd, the Mail on Sunday’s writer who ever weekend seems to defecate nonsense transfer stories in the pseudo-tabloid, has this weekend posted a doozy about Dirk Kuyt moving to Man United.
In an article which is unlikely to happen, but will surely annoying LIverpool fans a lot, the Mail claim that Louis van Gaal wants to bring Liverpool legend Dirk Kuyt to Old Trafford because he works hard.
The fact that Kuyt is 33 appears to be no barrier for the deal happening.
The article is threadbare on any tangible pieces of evidence supporting the story, except the faith readers are suppose to give Shepherd for scribbling:
Louis van Gaal is considering a stunning move to bring former Liverpool forward Dirk Kuyt to Manchester United.
The 33-year-old attacking workhorse has been playing for Fenerbache since leaving Anfield in 2012.
Van Gaal loves Kuyt’s work ethic and he has been a low-key but high-end performer for Holland.
Interestingly, Dirk Kuyt is such a favourite of van Gaal’s that he has only played in one match at the World Cup; the 2-0 win over Chile, in which the Dutch had already qualified.
Below are a series of tweets bashing the stupid-seeming story.
— Teecus (@Teecus90) June 28, 2014
— Sport Witness (@Sport_Witness) June 28, 2014
If we sign Dirk Kuyt please tell my family I love them very much……….
— Matagawa (@Mark_Champ19ns) June 28, 2014
Dirk Kuyt to Man.U is the best rumour of the summer so far.
— Eathen.. (@hunter_troll) June 28, 2014
That Kuyt story was too funny to leave out haha
— Viktor Fagerström (@ViktorFagerLFC) June 28, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt reacts to his win over Manchester United [Instagram]September 15, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt scammed for €200k over a diamond by a butler [De Telegraaf]June 16, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Dirk Kuyt wins the Eredivisie Player of the Year (Video)May 15, 2016
- Alexandre Pato & Dirk Kuyt among list of strikers Barcelona are considering for January [Sport]October 30, 2015
- Liverpool in talks with Steven Gerrard over a return to Anfield [The Express]October 23, 2016
- Joel Matip heaps praise on Philippe Coutinho following West Brom winOctober 23, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp bursts out laughing after funny mix-up in post-match interview (Video)October 23, 2016
- West Brom boss Tony Pulis explains why he thinks Liverpool can win the title (Video)October 23, 2016
- John Terry congratulates Chelsea team-mates on 4-0 win over Man United [Instagram]October 23, 2016
- Juan Mata admits Manchester United’s 4-0 defeat to Chelsea was painful (Video)October 23, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic slated for smiling after Man United’s 4-0 defeat v Chelsea [Tweets]October 23, 2016
- Eric Bailly suffers ‘really bad’ injury in Man United defeat at ChelseaOctober 23, 2016