- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
Louis van Gaal post-Burnley 0 – Manchester United 0: ‘I believe Rojo will get his permit’ [Video]
Just three league games into his tenure at Manchester United and Louis van Gaal is already carrying a bit of a hangdog look, a world away from that aura he seemed to ooze at the World Cup.
He was a little lost for words after seeing his United side struggle to a 0-0 draw at Burnley this afternoon, and spoke in generic terms about not taking their chances.
Van Gaal did admit that they never got their passing game going, however, he didn’t offer any explanation as to why this was: the players misunderstanding the tactics, or the players just doing their own thing?
As for the red tape surrounding Marcos Rojo’s work permit, Van Gaal said he’s confident the Argentine will be eligible for QPR next week, and dismissed Stubbs’ question that the transfer may be scrapped.
- Updated: August 30, 2014