Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
- July 23, 2014
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...