Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Watch Live Stream
- Mourinho insists he had Herculean workload to recalibrate Man United from Van Gaal era (Video)December 3, 2016
- Gerard Pique recalls the time when Louis van Gaal pushed him to the ground when he was 12 (Video)October 14, 2016
- Man United number 7 Memphis Depay takes aim at Louis van Gaal in new interview [MetroNieuws]October 4, 2016
- Former Man United boss Louis van Gaal looks set for a return to Bundesliga [Reports]September 22, 2016
- Man Utd’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan talks about adapting to physicality of the Premier League (Video)December 10, 2016
- Spurs boss Pochettino insists Jose Mourinho is still ‘The Special One’ (Video)December 9, 2016
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Two Manchester United players make Europa League Team of the WeekDecember 9, 2016