Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Watch Live Stream
- Mourinho took less than a minute of being Manchester United boss to troll Van Gaal (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Man United defender Daley Blind defends Louis van Gaal, says he was treated unfairly [Quotes]May 24th, 2016
- Memphis Depay didn’t give Louis van Gaal credit for buying him, wants to stay at Man United...May 24th, 2016
- Peter Schmeichel: LVG took Man United back two years, Special One can ‘save’ the club...May 24th, 2016
- Man United legend Rio Ferdinand reveals Paul Pogba, Adnan Januzaj & Jesse Lingard used to lo...May 27th, 2016
- Wayne Rooney lashes home 52nd England goal against Australia (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Marcus Rashford becomes youngest ever player to score on England debut (Videos)May 27th, 2016
- Twitter goes nuts as Man Utd’s Marcus Rashford scores 135 seconds into his England debutMay 27th, 2016