Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Watch Live Stream
- Former Man United boss Louis van Gaal looks set for a return to Bundesliga [Reports]September 22, 2016
- Louis van Gaal ‘cried like a baby’ in front of his players after he was sacked by Barcelona [Quotes]September 17, 2016
- Christophe Dugarry pretended to cry to leave Louis van Gaal’s ‘living hell’ at BarcelonaSeptember 16, 2016
- Man United’s compensation package for sacking Louis van Gaal is revealedSeptember 12, 2016
- Lukas Podolski reveals where Bastian Schweinsteiger is headed after Man United [Bild]September 25, 2016
- Man United legend Ryan Giggs could make his EPL return if Liverpool win their next game [Mirror]September 25, 2016
- Paul Pogba & Jesse Lingard’s epic celebration after Man United 4th goal v Leicester (Video)September 24, 2016
- Man United fans love talking about Marcus Rashford after the Leicester win (Video)September 24, 2016