Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Watch Live Stream
- Jesse Lingard calls Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho a ‘really chill guy’ (Video)August 17, 2016
- Jose Mourinho may have a point about ex-Man United boss mistreating Januzaj (Video)August 13, 2016
- Ryan Giggs backs ex-Man United boss Louis van Gaal for the England job on ITV (Video)June 30, 2016
- Ander Herrera discusses Manchester United career so far & Jose Mourinho appointment [Marca]May 31, 2016
- Valencia are talking to Manchester United about a €12 million deal for Marcos Rojo [DP]August 25, 2016
- FPL GW3: Time for a double transfer & #alwayscaptainAgueroAugust 25, 2016
- Man United & Arsenal full internationals included in England U21 squadAugust 25, 2016
- Paul Pogba talks about Man United & Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a new MUTV interview (Video)August 25, 2016