Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
Watch Live Stream
- Gerard Pique recalls the time when Louis van Gaal pushed him to the ground when he was 12 (Video)October 14, 2016
- Man United number 7 Memphis Depay takes aim at Louis van Gaal in new interview [MetroNieuws]October 4, 2016
- Former Man United boss Louis van Gaal looks set for a return to Bundesliga [Reports]September 22, 2016
- Louis van Gaal ‘cried like a baby’ in front of his players after he was sacked by Barcelona [Quotes]September 17, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic on his Man United goal droughtOctober 22, 2016
- Trolled: Man United’s Wayne Rooney calls out Liverpool old boy Michael Owen on TwitterOctober 22, 2016
- Jesse Lingard posts video from Man United’s train to Chelsea gameOctober 22, 2016
- Seems like Jose Mourinho has dropped two Man United stars for the Chelsea game [M.E.N]October 22, 2016