Louis van Gaal believes Man United’s commercial interests have a bad impact on pre-season
- July 23, 2014
Louis van Gaal has had a go at Manchester United’s pre-season tour planning.
The Red Devils are currently in America for a couple of high profile warm-up games against the LA Galaxy, Roma, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.
The new United boss was asked for his thoughts on United’s extensive pre-season touring schedule on Tuesday, and the Dutch boss, who was not in the Old Trafford hot-seat when the timetable was finalised, had no problem expressing his negative feelings on the issue.
Van Gaal told the press:
We have to prepare for the season and when you have a lot of commercial activities also for the players, and you have to travel distances, you have to fly a lot, you have also jet lag, and that is not very positive for a good preparation.
But the tour was already arranged (before I became manager) so I have to adapt and I shall adapt.
- Van Gaal ready to sell De Gea, but Manchester United board refusing to give in to Real ...
- How high can Louis van Gaal take Man United after another big spending summer? (Video)
- Watch Louis van Gaal bat away questions about Angel Di Maria at his latest Man United p...
- Jose Mourinho says ex Man United striker Radamel Falcao will be feared at Chelsea
- PSG’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic discusses Man United links & bad relationship with ...
- Louis van Gaal talks signing Cristiano Ronaldo for Man United, confirms he’ll qui...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi