Louis van Gaal announces young Dutch World Cup squad, Van Perise & Sneijder in, no Kevin Strootman (injured)
- May 13, 2014
Louis van Gaal has announced his World Cup squad, and if there’s one theme to emerge, it’s ‘Give Youth a Chance’, with the youngest Dutch squad in living memory.
Compared to the halcyon days of your De Boers and your Kluiverts, it’s remarkably lacking in household names, with De Jong, Sneijder, van Persie, van der Vaart and Robben forming the experienced nucleus.
Beyond that core, it’s an incredibly youthful squad, with PSV’s exciting winger Memphis Depay and Man City’s Karim Rekik – just 19 and one cap! – among the kids.
Kevin Strootman, still recovering from injury, hasn’t been risked as it looks as though he won’t recover in time.
- Backheel + dummy golazo: Japan women score fabulous team goal v Holland [Vine]
- PSV’s Jetro Willems scores incredible backheel penalty in Holland training [Video]
- Outrageous Acca: Back Belgium, Italy & Holland to win at enormous 28/1 odds!!!
- USA fans get super carried away following wins over Germany & Holland [Best Tweets]
- Holland’s defending for Bobby Woods’ 90′ USA winner was truly shockin...
- Man United’s Memphis Depay scores one and makes another in Holland 3 – USA ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi