Lorenzo Insigne’s potential move from Napoli to Arsenal is discussed by player’s agent [Il Sussidiario]
Il Sussidiario, a news outlet in Naples, have bagged an exclusive interview with Lorenzo Insigne’s agent, Antonio Ottaiano, about rumours of a possible move to Arsenal.
To recap, the past few days have sen the Gunners linked to 23-year-old Insigne, although the transfer rumours have been laughed off by Napoli’s president.
Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Napoli head honcho, laughed off speculation earlier in the week telling reporters:
Arsenal offers €20m for Insigne? This makes me laugh. I want to make Insigne’s rise to a value of €60-70m.
Now the story have been moved on by the player’s agent, who appears to have offered his insight into how the deal can be progressed. Ottaiano told Il Sussidiario:
I don’t think [Arsenal will land Insigne]. We know of the attentions of big foreign clubs, but I think he will stay at Napoli as the club wants to lock up the player. He will be one of the linchpins of Napoli.
It’s always a nice certificate of appreciation when a great manager like Arsene Wenger takes interest in a player, but Napoli do not want to let Lorenzo go. We are happy.
If Napoli change their mind then we can talk about other things, but, as of right now, there are no such signals.
Lorenzo Insigne is under contract at Napoli until 2018, while last season he scored six goals and bagged seven assists for Rafa Bentiez’s side.
Watch Live Stream
- Who? A lot of Arsenal fans have never heard of imminent new signing Lucas Perez [Tweets]August 24, 2016
- Arsenal set to sign Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruña for €20m [El Confidencial]August 24, 2016
- Savage: Barcelona star Gerard Pique makes fun of Arsenal on TwitterAugust 24, 2016
- Rumours linking Arsenal to Antoine Griezmann are lies [Arseblog]August 24, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 23, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain sends thank you message to Napoli fans [Instagram]August 19, 2016
- Chelsea launch £60m bid for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly [Telegraph]August 17, 2016