Lorenzo Insigne’s potential move from Napoli to Arsenal is discussed by player’s agent [Il Sussidiario]
Il Sussidiario, a news outlet in Naples, have bagged an exclusive interview with Lorenzo Insigne’s agent, Antonio Ottaiano, about rumours of a possible move to Arsenal.
To recap, the past few days have sen the Gunners linked to 23-year-old Insigne, although the transfer rumours have been laughed off by Napoli’s president.
Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Napoli head honcho, laughed off speculation earlier in the week telling reporters:
Arsenal offers €20m for Insigne? This makes me laugh. I want to make Insigne’s rise to a value of €60-70m.
Now the story have been moved on by the player’s agent, who appears to have offered his insight into how the deal can be progressed. Ottaiano told Il Sussidiario:
I don’t think [Arsenal will land Insigne]. We know of the attentions of big foreign clubs, but I think he will stay at Napoli as the club wants to lock up the player. He will be one of the linchpins of Napoli.
It’s always a nice certificate of appreciation when a great manager like Arsene Wenger takes interest in a player, but Napoli do not want to let Lorenzo go. We are happy.
If Napoli change their mind then we can talk about other things, but, as of right now, there are no such signals.
Lorenzo Insigne is under contract at Napoli until 2018, while last season he scored six goals and bagged seven assists for Rafa Bentiez’s side.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal boss rules Olivier Giroud out of Burnley game, positive news for Coquelin (Video)September 30, 2016
- Arsenal should start searching for a new manager as Arsene Wenger opens the door for EnglandSeptember 30, 2016
- Arsenal star Alex Iwobi plays FIFA and Chills with Copa 90 (Video)September 29, 2016
- It looks like Theo Walcott is finally making good on his Alexis Sanchez arrival warningSeptember 29, 2016
- Mino Raiola reveals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s career plans after Man United [Radio CRC]September 15, 2016
- Mad: Napoli try to sign Tottenham’s Harry Kane [Di Marzio]August 25, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 23, 2016