- Super-positive Gooner Ty taking lots of positives from Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- ‘It’s ruined my Bloody Christmas!’ Claude has a mini meltdown after Liverpool 2 – Arsenal 2 [Video]
- Huge Police presence needed to keep Newcastle and Sunderland fans apart before derby [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti commiserated with each and every San Lorenzo player after Final [Video]
- Scarlets RFU player Liam Williams player apologizes for dressing up as Wilfried Bony with blackface
Look Up! Eintracht defender Sebastian Rode scored an idiotic own goal against Sandhausen in the German cup
Wednesday in Germany was DFB Pokal night, and Eintracht Frankfurt reached the quarterfinals after a 4-2 win over second divisioners Sandhausen.
The hosts however didn’t make the night easy for themselves, particularly defender Sebastian Rode, who gave Sandhausen a lifeline in the 64th minute with an idiotic own goal.
Cruising 2-0, Frankfurt refused to smack a goal-kick upfield, choosing to pass the ball around the back instead.
That plan was going fine until the ball got to Rode who, under a little pressure from a forward, blindly passed the ball straight into his own net like a muppet.
Watch Sebastian Rode’s idiotic own goal against Sandhausen below.
- Updated: December 5, 2013