LOLZ: Referee Mark Clattenburg forgot his cards for second half of Reading 0 – Liverpool 0
- April 14, 2013
Referee Mark Clattenburg is one of the most famous officials in the Premier League.
Arguably, one of the top referees in the business, Clattenburg made plenty of headlines earlier this season when he was accused of racially abusing Jon Obi Mikel.
On Saturday, there was cause to laugh at Clattenburg as he forgot to bring his yellow card for the second half of Reading’s 0-0 draw with Liverpool.
So, when he came to book Danny Guthrie in the 51st minute, Mark Clattenburg was forced to approach the 4th official for a replacement card.
Cue much joking about Clattenburg pulling off a “no card trick” etc.
It may well also explain why there was only one more booking during Reading 0 – Liverpool 0 and why there was only three yellow cards in total.
Videos of Mark Clattenburg’s screw up are below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...