LOLZ: Referee Mark Clattenburg forgot his cards for second half of Reading 0 – Liverpool 0
- April 14, 2013
Referee Mark Clattenburg is one of the most famous officials in the Premier League.
Arguably, one of the top referees in the business, Clattenburg made plenty of headlines earlier this season when he was accused of racially abusing Jon Obi Mikel.
On Saturday, there was cause to laugh at Clattenburg as he forgot to bring his yellow card for the second half of Reading’s 0-0 draw with Liverpool.
So, when he came to book Danny Guthrie in the 51st minute, Mark Clattenburg was forced to approach the 4th official for a replacement card.
Cue much joking about Clattenburg pulling off a “no card trick” etc.
It may well also explain why there was only one more booking during Reading 0 – Liverpool 0 and why there was only three yellow cards in total.
Videos of Mark Clattenburg’s screw up are below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi