- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
LOLZ: Neil Lennon answers a journo’s phone twice (!), speaks with his distressed wife
This is comedy gold.
Neil Lennon was holding a press conference at Celtic ahead for the match on Tuesday night against Dundee United, when the flame-haired gaffer was cut off when a mobile phone on his desk went off.
Unable to ignore the ringing Lennon picked up the phone and started playing secretary.
The phone belonged to a journalist sitting in the crowd, and Lennon answered a call from his wife. The short first phone call brought plenty of banter from the gaffer and the crowd, and the jokes were turned up a notch when the phone went off for a second time a minute later.
Watch Neil Lennon’s brilliant press conference below.
- Updated: January 22, 2013