LOLZ: Malta defender Luke Dimech thinks he’s Beckenbauer in 6-0 defeat to Bulgaria
- March 23, 2013
Ranked 147th in the world, the Maltese didn’t do themselves any favours in their 6-0 defeat to Bulgaria on Friday night.
Some of the goals conceded were the result of simply astoundingly bad defending.
The worst of all was the fourth, scored by Bugaria’s Emil Gargorov, after Malta’s Luke Dimech decided to go walkabout.
Picking up possession on the edge of his own area, Dimech suddenly believed he was Franz Beckenbauer, and went on a light dribble.
Then, making the lamest attempt at a NUTS! you’ll ever see, he was intercepted by Gadzhev, who then jogged casually into the Maltese box to tee up Gargorov to tap in.
Luke Dimech: Know Your Role!
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”306113″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi