- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
A Maghreb Tetouani player celebrates a penalty like a nutter, teammate misses spot kick (v Rabat)
Let this serve as a warning for those that practice one of the most annoying acts in the game: celebrating the awarding of a penalty.
Not only does it make you look like you played for it, you run the risk of finishing with egg on your face if the penalty is missed.
This is exactly what happened to a Magreb Tetouani player in their 1-0 defeat to Rabat in the Moroccan Botola league.
With his side chasing the game at 1-0 down, he won a (dubious) penalty and celebrated the award as if he’d just scored the winner in the World Cup final.
Bilal Megri stepped up to take it, struck it well into the corner, but it was saved by the Rabat keeper.
Don’t count your chickens!
The penalty award and euphoric celebration can seen on the first clip below, while the resulting missed spot kick can be seen on the second.
- Updated: April 26, 2013