A Maghreb Tetouani player celebrates a penalty like a nutter, teammate misses spot kick (v Rabat)
- April 26, 2013
Let this serve as a warning for those that practice one of the most annoying acts in the game: celebrating the awarding of a penalty.
Not only does it make you look like you played for it, you run the risk of finishing with egg on your face if the penalty is missed.
This is exactly what happened to a Magreb Tetouani player in their 1-0 defeat to Rabat in the Moroccan Botola league.
With his side chasing the game at 1-0 down, he won a (dubious) penalty and celebrated the award as if he’d just scored the winner in the World Cup final.
Bilal Megri stepped up to take it, struck it well into the corner, but it was saved by the Rabat keeper.
Don’t count your chickens!
The penalty award and euphoric celebration can seen on the first clip below, while the resulting missed spot kick can be seen on the second.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”315986″]
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”315987″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...