LOLZ: Fat Santa splits his trousers during the Southampton v Sunderland relay race
- December 23, 2012
One of the unsung stories of this season’s Premier League is the regular halftime show at St Mary’s.
During the halftime break at every Southampton home game, a group of home supporters taken on a rival group of away supporters in a simple-looking but always funny relay race on the pitch.
On Saturday it was the turn of Sunderland fans to challenege the Saints, and the race had a festive feel about it as the players wore Christmas hats and Santa suits.
There were several classic moments in the race.
On the meaner end of the scale a young kid fell over near the start, while the race had an epic finish as on Santa suited fella miss the goal twice (!) leaving the second Santa to win the contest, only to go on and split his trousers while celebrating.
Watch the brilliant Southampton v Sunderland relay race below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”280137″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi