LOLZ: Fat Santa splits his trousers during the Southampton v Sunderland relay race
- December 23, 2012
One of the unsung stories of this season’s Premier League is the regular halftime show at St Mary’s.
During the halftime break at every Southampton home game, a group of home supporters taken on a rival group of away supporters in a simple-looking but always funny relay race on the pitch.
On Saturday it was the turn of Sunderland fans to challenege the Saints, and the race had a festive feel about it as the players wore Christmas hats and Santa suits.
There were several classic moments in the race.
On the meaner end of the scale a young kid fell over near the start, while the race had an epic finish as on Santa suited fella miss the goal twice (!) leaving the second Santa to win the contest, only to go on and split his trousers while celebrating.
Watch the brilliant Southampton v Sunderland relay race below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”280137″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...