LOLZ: Fat Santa splits his trousers during the Southampton v Sunderland relay race
- December 23, 2012
One of the unsung stories of this season’s Premier League is the regular halftime show at St Mary’s.
During the halftime break at every Southampton home game, a group of home supporters taken on a rival group of away supporters in a simple-looking but always funny relay race on the pitch.
On Saturday it was the turn of Sunderland fans to challenege the Saints, and the race had a festive feel about it as the players wore Christmas hats and Santa suits.
There were several classic moments in the race.
On the meaner end of the scale a young kid fell over near the start, while the race had an epic finish as on Santa suited fella miss the goal twice (!) leaving the second Santa to win the contest, only to go on and split his trousers while celebrating.
Watch the brilliant Southampton v Sunderland relay race below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”280137″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...