- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
LOLZ! Egyptian goalie legend Essam El-Hadary makes a unbelievable handling FAIL as the Leopards maul El Merreikh
This. Is. Ridiculous.
There are few goalkeepers anywhere across the planet with more experience that Essam El-Hadary: which simply makes the next clip all the more unforgivable.
The 39-year-old Egyptian, who made over 500 appearances for Al Ahly whilst collecting 138 caps for his country, is now firmly in the twilight of his career contracted to Sudanese champions El Merreikh.
On Sunday El Merreikh slumped to a 2-1 defeat to Congo’s brilliantly named Leopards de Dolisie in the African Confederations Cup, and the decisive goal of the game came from a spectacular FAIL from El-Hadary.
The semi-final first leg looked to be heading for a draw until the keeper stupidly decided to play ‘chicken’ with a Leopards’ forward on his goalline. Teasing the Congolese striker by bouncing the ball invitingly just beyond his reach, eventually El-Hadary was made to look the fool as he misjudged his control of the situation and the forward steamed in to poked the ball over the line.
Watch Essam El-Hadary’s unbelievable handling FAIL below.
[jwplayer config="For-all-videos" mediaid="255744"]
- Updated: November 5, 2012