- Arsenal boss Wenger asked about rumoured crisis talks with Gazidis, neatly deflects question [Video]
- Banter! Chelsea Twitter account trolls Arsenal at 3-0 up v Schalke [Screenshot]
- Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey: ‘We’re not bothered about criticism, we have great belief in ourselves’ [Video]
- Barcelona star Lionel Messi scores to become all-time Champions League top scorer [Best Tweets]
- Wenger: ‘We have values at Arsenal; I’d have preferred Usmanov to tell me face to face’ [Video]
LOLZ: Carl Jenkinson denies his dad was a singer in Arsenal presser pre Olympiakos
The rise of Carl Jenkinson in the Arsenal first team has led to plenty of speculation over whether the emerging right back will play for England or Finland at international level.
It has also brought about a rather bizarre question at the Arsenal press conference ahead of the Champions League clash with Olympiakos on Wednesday evening.
Thanks to a Tweet last week by well known Arsenal blogger Arseblog (see below), John Cross from the Daily Mirror questioned Jenkinson whether his dad actually was a professional singer.
To which there was much joking around with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger coming up with his own gag which Gooners everywhere will no doubt appreciate.
Little known fact: Carl Jenkinson’s dad sang the ‘Turn around’ backing vocal in Bonnie Tyler’s ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’.
— arseblog (@arseblog) September 24, 2012
- Updated: October 3, 2012