- Aston Villa players celebrate FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool in Wembley dressing room [Video]
- Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli complains about offside decision on Instagram after FA Cup exit
- Bizarre: Al Faisaly keeper scores insane overhead kick own goal v Al Wihdat [Video]
- Christian Eriksen refuses to admit anyone got a touch on 2nd Spurs goal at Newcastle [video]
- Puskas award contender: Lee Beattie (Prestatyn) scissor kick golazo from outside the box [Video]
LOLZ: Carl Jenkinson denies his dad was a singer in Arsenal presser pre Olympiakos
- October 3, 2012
The rise of Carl Jenkinson in the Arsenal first team has led to plenty of speculation over whether the emerging right back will play for England or Finland at international level.
It has also brought about a rather bizarre question at the Arsenal press conference ahead of the Champions League clash with Olympiakos on Wednesday evening.
Thanks to a Tweet last week by well known Arsenal blogger Arseblog (see below), John Cross from the Daily Mirror questioned Jenkinson whether his dad actually was a professional singer.
To which there was much joking around with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger coming up with his own gag which Gooners everywhere will no doubt appreciate.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”239768″]
Little known fact: Carl Jenkinson’s dad sang the ‘Turn around’ backing vocal in Bonnie Tyler’s ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’.
— arseblog (@arseblog) September 24, 2012