LOLZ: A French steward goes splat trying to catch a pitch invader (Chauray v Lorient)
- January 7, 2013
France has a chockablock weekend of football as cup football took over with the round of 32 in the Coupe De France.
Amongst the matches played Lorient beat minnows Chauray 5-1 away, however away from the specific details of the match there was a pure comedy moment as a French steward failed in trying to catch a nimble pitch invader.
After Chauray scored their only goal of the game, a fan, probably in his 20s, ran onto the pitch in an effort to celebrate with his team. Within seconds however the supporter was forced to make his retreat as a steward raced to try an nab the trespassing fan.
And then came the fun.
As the intruder legged it off the pitch, over an advertising hoarding and then up-and-over a fence around the playing surface, the steward suffered an epic fail as he tripped over the ad board and fell flat on his face.
Watch the steward go splat below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...