LOLZ: A French steward goes splat trying to catch a pitch invader (Chauray v Lorient)
- January 7, 2013
France has a chockablock weekend of football as cup football took over with the round of 32 in the Coupe De France.
Amongst the matches played Lorient beat minnows Chauray 5-1 away, however away from the specific details of the match there was a pure comedy moment as a French steward failed in trying to catch a nimble pitch invader.
After Chauray scored their only goal of the game, a fan, probably in his 20s, ran onto the pitch in an effort to celebrate with his team. Within seconds however the supporter was forced to make his retreat as a steward raced to try an nab the trespassing fan.
And then came the fun.
As the intruder legged it off the pitch, over an advertising hoarding and then up-and-over a fence around the playing surface, the steward suffered an epic fail as he tripped over the ad board and fell flat on his face.
Watch the steward go splat below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]