Loic Remy was at Arsenal v West Brom. Is that because he’s joining the Gunners? [Pictures]
- May 4, 2014
Let the rumours begin!
For months now French striker Loic Remy has been linked with a move to Arsenal at the end of the season, and that chatter was given an extra boost on Sunday when the attacker was spotted watch the Gunners take on West Brom.
According to the most recent rumours, Arsenal are facing stiff competition from the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Bayern Munich to land Loic Remy for £15m from QPR.
Remy left QPR for Newcastle at the start of the season after Rangers slipped into the Championship last term, and the French forward have proven reasonably successful at St James’ Park.
27-year-old Remy have contributed 13 goals and two assists in 23 games for Newcastle this season.
According to the People, Remy has an £8m release clause in his contract – the same amount of money which QPR paid for the striker in January 2013 – while his current wages with QPR are understood to be more than £70,000 per week.
See pictures of Loic Remy at Arsenal v West Brom below.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) May 4, 2014
— Arsène's Son (@hughwizzy) May 4, 2014
Loic Remy sighting at the Emirates. We know what you're thinking – let's get the obvious out of the way. pic.twitter.com/pNGfb87TLg
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) May 4, 2014
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]