Loic Remy was at Arsenal v West Brom. Is that because he’s joining the Gunners? [Pictures]
Let the rumours begin!
For months now French striker Loic Remy has been linked with a move to Arsenal at the end of the season, and that chatter was given an extra boost on Sunday when the attacker was spotted watch the Gunners take on West Brom.
According to the most recent rumours, Arsenal are facing stiff competition from the likes of Spurs, Newcastle, Everton and Bayern Munich to land Loic Remy for £15m from QPR.
Remy left QPR for Newcastle at the start of the season after Rangers slipped into the Championship last term, and the French forward have proven reasonably successful at St James’ Park.
27-year-old Remy have contributed 13 goals and two assists in 23 games for Newcastle this season.
According to the People, Remy has an £8m release clause in his contract – the same amount of money which QPR paid for the striker in January 2013 – while his current wages with QPR are understood to be more than £70,000 per week.
See pictures of Loic Remy at Arsenal v West Brom below.
— Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) May 4, 2014
— Arsène's Son (@hughwizzy) May 4, 2014
Loic Remy sighting at the Emirates. We know what you're thinking – let's get the obvious out of the way. pic.twitter.com/pNGfb87TLg
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) May 4, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Must read: Kim Kallstrom brilliantly recounts his time at ArsenalJuly 29, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba jokes about signing for Arsenal after friendly defeat (Video)July 29, 2016
- Arsenal fans on Twitter lay into Theo Walcott during woeful display v MLS All Stars [Tweets]July 29, 2016
- Granit Xhaka’s impressive individual highlights in Arsenal debut v MLS All Stars (Video)July 29, 2016
- Chelsea’s Loic Remy and the Villa Park security guy go way back (Video)April 2, 2016
- Chelsea accept Leicester’s £11.5m bid for Loic RemyJanuary 30, 2016
- Leicester make €10m bid for Chelsea’s Loic Remy [L’Equipe]January 27, 2016
- Chelsea to allow Loic Remy move to Crystal Palace on loan, as long as they get Pato [Mirror]January 25, 2016