LMA release statement defending Malky Mackay over racist texts scandal: ‘It was banter’ [Text]
The LMA (League Managers Association) has moved to defend under-fire Malky Mackay, who was on the cusp of landing the Crystal Palae job when a series of shocking text messages made by him came to light.
In a PR car crash disaster, the LMA has described Mackay’s texts as ‘banter’, and that he was just letting off steam when under pressure.
Purely out of principle, you can perhaps understand his complaint that the texts have only emerged now, 8 months after the event and on the day he was due to land a new job, but otherwise, the LMA’s defence of the Scot is laughable, and is dangerously permissive and almost condoning of racist behaviour within football.
Read the LMA’s full statement below.
Watch Live Stream
- Liverpool’s predicted line-up for the Crystal Palace match (Videos)October 27, 2016
- Crystal Palace will pay their respects to Harry Davies v Liverpool this weekend [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Crystal Palace v West Ham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 13, 2016
- Amazing: Belgium’s Christian Benteke scores fastest goal in World Cup qualifying history (Video)October 10, 2016
- FA take no action against Malky Mackay & Iain Moody over alleged racist, homophobic & sexist texts [Tweets]July 16, 2015
- Wigan’s Dave Whelan apologises over racist comments: “I’ve got thousands of Jewish friends” [Video]November 21, 2014
- Harry Redknapp welcomes Malky Mackay back to football: ‘He made a mistake, deserves 2nd chance’ [Video]November 20, 2014
- Malky Mackay gets employed by Wigan while under investigation for racist, sexist & homophobic textsNovember 19, 2014