LMA release statement defending Malky Mackay over racist texts scandal: ‘It was banter’ [Text]
- August 21, 2014
The LMA (League Managers Association) has moved to defend under-fire Malky Mackay, who was on the cusp of landing the Crystal Palae job when a series of shocking text messages made by him came to light.
In a PR car crash disaster, the LMA has described Mackay’s texts as ‘banter’, and that he was just letting off steam when under pressure.
Purely out of principle, you can perhaps understand his complaint that the texts have only emerged now, 8 months after the event and on the day he was due to land a new job, but otherwise, the LMA’s defence of the Scot is laughable, and is dangerously permissive and almost condoning of racist behaviour within football.
Read the LMA’s full statement below.
- Yohan Cabaye (PSG) set for shock reunion with Alan Pardew at Crystal Palace [Mirror]
- Radamel Falcao close to Chelsea move; Crystal Palace favourites for Loic Remy [Sunday T...
- Palace fans sing ‘there’s only one Steven Gerrard’ after their win ov...
- Crystal Palace poop all over Steven Gerrard’s Liverpool swan song with an away An...
- Man United’s Juan Mata celebrates top 4 & praises David De Gea in weekly blog
- Palace’s Yannick Bolasie had a bottle thrown at him v Man United. Reacts with a s...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi